Cheap Apple play solution

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulhick

Car
C250 amg premium sports plus
I don’t have Apple or android capability in our merc or my Audi for that matter so have been looking for ages to maybe upgrade our systems. Some of the prices we’ve been quoted are ridiculous so have dismissed them as I only want to be able to stream Spotify ect while I’m out and about and don’t really need a full new system. I saw this flash up on another site I use and wondered how good they actually are so for the money I thought I’d give it a go and am genuinely impressed with it. For under a tenner I wasn’t expecting much but it does exactly what it says on the tin and I can listen to phone content on the go. Happy days. D65FB5FE-B4AC-4F26-862E-9053FA2F560F.jpeg

These units have been available for a long time.

If I am thinking of the same unit they accept a Bluetooth stream from your phone and then transmit this over an FM signal that you tune your radio to.

The problem I found in the past was as you drove around you would find the frequency you had tuned to was in use by other radio stations and the interference would require a retune.

From memory the audio quality was not that good?

These units have been available for a long time.

If I am thinking of the same unit they accept a Bluetooth stream from your phone and then transmit this over an FM signal that you tune your radio to.

The problem I found in the past was as you drove around you would find the frequency you had tuned to was in use by other radio stations and the interference would require a retune.

From memory the audio quality was not that good?
+1 - I last had one of these in 2006. In terms of audio quality, I thought it was awful - already compressed audio on a phone, compressed again and sent over Bluetooth, translated to an FM signal and piped through paper cone speakers into the car, a recipe for audio disaster in my opinion.

I’ve not had any problem with it yet to be fair. If it does turn out to be shite then it’s a tenner wasted and not £500+(1400 for the Audi) I’ve been quoted just to listen to Spotify in the car.

I’ve not had any problem with it yet to be fair. If it does turn out to be shite then it’s a tenner wasted and not £500+(1400 for the Audi) I’ve been quoted just to listen to Spotify in the car.
Fair enough. I'm a bit of a sucker for good quality audio to be fair. I'm also the type of sucker who has previously bought/installed audio setup's that matched or exceeded the value of the car they were going in - so perhaps mine is a somewhat biased opinion! ;)

I
t does a job for not a lot of money!
👍👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom