cheap as chips 43 kitted 202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very high spec, folding mirrors + Mercedes Benz kitplates.

A member off here's?

Unfortunately it's not quite as clean as it looks. Front bumper scuffed, rear bumper cracked and a big scratch on top of the boot... There's also a dent below the drivers rear light which can be seen in the eBay ad. I'd still be interested, but the seller has yet to get back to me about whether there is any rust or if the front fogs are any good - both important to me! Oh, and the arch cover on the front that you can't see in the eBay pics is held on with white silicone...

Why not mention these points in the ad in the first place..?

Last edited:
No major rust and only one fog working was the guys response. I need more info about any rust at all and hes not being helpful. Not gonna bother with the journey for that...

You need to have a poke around the jacking points on any facelift W202 as this is where they nearly all rot and its the most serious.

The owner isn't interested in looking as its a cheap part exchange car. Which means I'm not interested in wasting the fuel to view it.

Just the pictures sent when I enquired about rust. Not pretty. Would have had a punt had the panels been rust free, but very unhelpful seller would not look...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150512_133417.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150512_133417.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 68
  • ForumRunner_20150512_133428.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150512_133428.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 68
Even if he said it was, it won't be. 99% certain that will be rotten under the sills.

It's a high spec c240 for £995 and probably less if you haggle. What do you want for under a £1000 Mercedes? You could strip it for parts and still make money.

If you had to spend £4/500 on welding and that's it and you bought it for £750. Then you have a bargain.

You missed the rear blind ;)

Agreed not bad spec, but no rear blind Karl, just boot release and folding mirror switch in the centre console ;)

Last edited:
Its a manual one Andy, quite rare those IRC Karl you had one ?

Looks like I dipped out then...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom