Cheap car valet deal on group today for London area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If it sounds too good to be true it probably is!

£26 for a "valet" - I struggle to believe how any business can make money out of this without cutting corners.

How many man hours can a business afford to spend on your car for £26 less materials? My guess is you will get little more than a "£5 special from the local Eastern European hand wash". Only my opinion so please don't slate it:eek:

Did you even read the link?

Full Valet includes

• Interior carpets, mats and seats vacuumed
• Interior carpet, mats and seats shampoo cleaned
• Leather cleaned and treated, headlining cleaned
• Interior cleaned and treated
• Interior plastics dressed, window polished inside and out
• Air freshener applied
• Vehicle rinsed, wheels cleaned with safe wheels cleaner and rinsed
• Pre wash applied to lower thirds of car and arches • Vehicle snow foamed with neutral shampoo
• Wash mitts and grid guarded buckets, soft top cleaned (If applicable)
• Tar removed from paintwork, tires and arches dressed
•Polish is applied and buffed off

Superguard
• Protection against UV Rays
• Protection against Acid Rain
• Protection against the harshest conditions
• Paint protection
• Fabric protection
• Vinyl protection
• Carpet protection
• Leather care

carried out by http://www.tcompletesolution.com/

Yes I did read the link, and yes the reference to a "£5 special" was probably an exageration. However I still question how a business can offer such a deal without cutting corners.

I'm not going to dig too deep into this, as anyone who is sensible will know the out come. But just to scratch the surface:

There is no way you can achieve all of those task's in 2 hours to even a decent level.

Why would a company agree to do a deal that cheap. The products I would use would cost double that and more for the areas covered, Also that would be before over heads and paying the teams money and it even say's that they will drive a 15 mile radius!!

For them to offer that, it means they are that rubbish, that they are praticly begging for customers, to the point that it's costing them more then they are making.

But still, pretty funny and if you like taking gambles for the sake of a cheap then sounds like a winner.

I don't see the problem with what they're offering; anyone with half a brain can realise it's a 'lead-in' price and if they do honour it, people would be very likely to use them at the full price when it needs doing again.

See it as a sort of 'buy one, get one free' sort of offer.

Normal price is £50 for the valet and £50 for the super guard so usually around £100. Nice lead in offer.

The website refers to "superguard" protection. Do they mean "Supaguard"? If so this "Supaguard" protection lasts for "at least 3 years" according to the Supaguard website. So I doubt whether offering this as a "loss leader" will make good business sense for repeat business?

I have a feeling they are venturing into the valeting world just by their website. I would still be cautious. But as they say you get what you put in

It is only really a problem if they damage your car, otherwise you have only lost £20, no biggie.

The website refers to "superguard" protection. Do they mean "Supaguard"? If so this "Supaguard" protection lasts for "at least 3 years" according to the Supaguard website. So I doubt whether offering this as a "loss leader" will make good business sense for repeat business?

Superguard is rubbish. It costs £5 per car to do. And there is no way it lasts 3 years...not the way dealers & valeters apply it.

A valet for £26 is a good deal for the customer. The reason they do it is they sold 56. He'll be busy for a while and at 2 hours he'll still make some money. The point with it is he's now got 56 new customers.....And you can bet your bottom dollar he'll sell up (or at least he should!). Not many will only pay £26.

I'm not going to dig too deep into this, as anyone who is sensible will know the out come. But just to scratch the surface:

There is no way you can achieve all of those task's in 2 hours to even a decent level.

Why would a company agree to do a deal that cheap. The products I would use would cost double that and more for the areas covered, Also that would be before over heads and paying the teams money and it even say's that they will drive a 15 mile radius!!

For them to offer that, it means they are that rubbish, that they are praticly begging for customers, to the point that it's costing them more then they are making.

But still, pretty funny and if you like taking gambles for the sake of a cheap then sounds like a winner.

But, if you want to win a shed load of new customers this is a great way to do it. You know as well as I do word of mouth is the best way of marketing your business in this industry. Smart move in my opinion. Remember they are valeting not detailing....There's a big difference. And I reckon even for an enhancement detail material costs are only around £15, probably less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom