Cheap Chrysler 300Cs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is a MBClub UK site?? Chryslers for sale in the General Discussion page? An advert imploring the reader to bag a non-Mercedes bargain, and with a link to the Corporate website? Simple basics of advertising.

Did I read this site wanting to buy a Chrysler? Was there any mention of "underpinning by Mercedes components? No. I don't want to read spam.

No doubt some of the posters here quite fancy owning one of these cars, and so they are prepared to allow their prejudice to stand.

So why is this posted in the General Discussion forum, if at all?

General Discussion
General Discussion and News sub-forum relating to Mercedes or General motoring ONLY.

Does this thread not relate to general motoring?

I'm confused. Easily done perhaps, but I can't help but think this is another storm in a tea cup brewing.

Unless the OP has shortcut the forum rules and has after many years of membership all of a sudden started marketing on behalf of Sytner Corporate for his own gain then there isn't anything more to talk about.

I think the title of the thread is sufficiently clear. If you don't want to read about Cheap Chryslers 300Cs, then don't read the thread.

This is a MBClub UK site?? Chryslers for sale in the General Discussion page? An advert imploring the reader to bag a non-Mercedes bargain, and with a link to the Corporate website? Simple basics of advertising.

Did I read this site wanting to buy a Chrysler? Was there any mention of "underpinning by Mercedes components? No. I don't want to read spam.

I might easily have posted a nice big spam for Ssangyong with special prices, or would the fact that you could use a MB friendly mobile phone be enough to allow the mobile phone chaps advert too?

No doubt some of the posters here quite fancy owning one of these cars, and so they are prepared to allow their prejudice to stand.

OT (OFF Topic) Forums
PC/IT and Other Car Marques Forum & Gallery inside. Jokes, mortgages, family, gardening, flossing etc as usual. "Unsuitable" material will not be tolerated! Religion and politics can offend, so are not permitted in this forum.

Classifieds - General for Sale
Buy and sell general items here. Commercial ads will be removed. Be advised that you CANNOT reply to classified threads, and you need to have made 30 posts in other forums before you can submit an advert.

So why is this posted in the General Discussion forum, if at all?

If you think the post is spam, or in the wrong place, there's a little button to click to report it. If you don't want to read about Chryslers (a model dating from the time that DaimlerChrysler was one company), don't open the thread. Don't see your problem, I'm afraid:dk:

If you think the post is spam, or in the wrong place, there's a little button to click to report it. If you don't want to read about Chryslers (a model dating from the time that DaimlerChrysler was one company), don't open the thread. Don't see your problem, I'm afraid:dk:

I do not agree that it a Mercedes Benz product. How far do you wish to stretch the tenuous link. How about I post a listing for MINI because MINI once used the Tritec engine built by Chysler which was also once part of the Daimler Chrysler corporation?

The original posting even says as a footnote terms and conditions apply etc. As far as I am concerned ( and most of the general public) a Chrysler is a Chrysler and NOT a Mercedes Benz. Thus it should be in the OT section at the very least.

If you want to change the rules of posting, fine, but don't shoot me for pointing them out.

I do not agree that it a Mercedes Benz product. How far do you wish to stretch the tenuous link. How about I post a listing for MINI because MINI once used the Tritec engine built by Chysler which was also once part of the Daimler Chrysler corporation?

The original posting even says as a footnote terms and conditions apply etc. As far as I am concerned ( and most of the general public) a Chrysler is a Chrysler and NOT a Mercedes Benz. Thus it should be in the OT section at the very least.

If you want to change the rules of posting, fine, but don't shoot me for pointing them out.

I think you are being a little silly ( don't you feel it?). If this was a first post from a new member then you could be suspicious, but not on this occasion.

I don't see a problem, it's like the Top Gear thread really, with TG, if you don't like it, don't watch it. Same here, if you don't want to read about Chrysler 300c's don't open the discusion to read it (the post title said all you needed to know).

As it happends, I had a Jeep (made by Chrysler), that had Mercedes Benz logo's all over the engine and half the parts were shared. So that makes it of interest to a general motoring section of an MB forum maybe in the same way as 300C's are possibly of interest.

Mountain and mole hill spring to mind.

Last edited:
Here's the HEMI (belongs to one of the owners of the company I work for). Dodge Charger Super Bee.
Quoted from Wiki:
"It shares the SRT-8's 425 hp (317 kW) 6.1 L (370 cu in) Hemi engine but comes in special "Detonator Yellow" paint with black decals. It is a limited edition with only 1000 being produced."

IMG00289-20091124-1637.jpg

Here's the HEMI (belongs to one of the owners of the company I work for). Dodge Charger Super Bee.
Quoted from Wiki:
"It shares the SRT-8's 425 hp (317 kW) 6.1 L (370 cu in) Hemi engine but comes in special "Detonator Yellow" paint with black decals. It is a limited edition with only 1000 being produced."

IMG00289-20091124-1637.jpg

And says more about you than cash ever can....:D

Isnt this very similar to the thread "I dont like the TV programme, IAC-get me out of here"?
If you dont like it - then dont watch it.
And as far as the car is concerned -
If you dont like it - then dont buy it.
Quite simple really.

So if the same original posting arrived in your email inbox, you would not consider it spam, and you would just click the delete key if you were not interested?

well, just to ensure this stay MBCLUB focussed.

Here is a picture of the very car I owned.

CAR2-1.jpg

I still own the house it was taken at too.

Mind you, the SRT's were built in Austria. And suspicioulsy, the bits and peices that were added to the 6.1 (when developed from the 5.7) seem to have made there way into the 6208cc AMG units!!!!

It was huge inside. and was pretty well put together so it fel good quality, but when you looked under the front bumper, there was some black painted polystyrene spacers between it and the radiator frame.!

Best car I had for long distance travel (MPG excepted). Was comfortable, very quiet and went when needed. Plus the Cruise control and Gear Box being Merc stuff, was easy to get used to.

Would I have another.

Noooooooooooooooooo

Tyres were £315 each.

Very many posts on this forum are either recommendations to purchase something or other, or advice to buy/not to buy a certain product and simply well wishers lending their opinion as to whether something is value for money - or not.
I don't see this post as anything different.
Its not a post by anyone who has anything to gain by passing this information on. In fact its a message from a long established forum member with close to 4000 posts to his credit.
There have been several posts within the last year or so where forum members have expressed interest in purchasing one of these cars because they either like or are dissatisfied with their current Mercedes and fancy a brand change.
Taking all these factors into consideration, I don't classify this thread as spam at all. Its simply passing on information. Some which may find useful. Others not.
If however this dropped into my email inbox unsolicited from an unknown entity, then, yes, of course I would consider it spam and as such delete it.
There is a subtle difference.

I've moved this thread to "spotted on ebay" as it's probably the closest match to the OP and resultant discussion.

I think you are being a little silly ( don't you feel it?). If this was a first post from a new member then you could be suspicious, but not on this occasion.

No need for personal comments, and it seems to some extent I have been vindicated.:p

Not a lot to do with Mercedes either but it's a "spotted on *somewhere*" thread.

from reading the thread I think you're in a very small minority that agreed with Apial on this one....:rolleyes:

Oh well, no point debating with a mod - I'm off to start a thread in General about Merc parts in non-merc marques, starting with the DaimlerChrysler era:D

General: General Discussion and News sub-forum relating to Mercedes or General motoring ONLY. It was posted in the correct place initially in my opinion, but Shude has chosen a location to appease so so be it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom