Cheap Day boat / Canoes / rowing boats etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

Living in Chester we have a very nice river the River Dee and the past few weeks we have walked along the front and I have started looking at the little boats people put in...

It then got me thinking that would be fun.

I've asked the River Patrol about licencing etc and all seems ok. Basically if the boat has an engine of any type its £20 a day or £90 a year for the licence and then I would need 3rd part insurance.

I then started looking on ebay....

This is the type I like the look of a dumpy thing only 14ft but has an inside little part also.

Smallboat.jpg

Then a few people were on these canoes which Mrs A210 like the look of.

canoe.jpg

Then there is a rowing boat which you can add a little engine or a dingy / tender type boat.

Looking a e-bay a little 14ft boat with trailer and small engine (probably 2 stroke) is around £1000 and for that you seem to get a lot?

Does anyone have such a boat / advice etc?

I 'did' have a little tender a few years back with a 10hp engine however curcumstances meant I sold it before I ever used it !!!

Thanks

Oh and check the wheel on this one....

Speed Boat - 16ft Chromed with Trailer on eBay (end time 07-May-11 18:08:54 BST)

A rowing boat with a small outboard is ideal although i like the idea of the canoes, exercise whilst relaxing if that's possible and some of them come rigged so you can also fish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom