Cheap electrical bargains

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SL300-24

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
1984 500SL, 2007 E320 CDI Sport Estate, 1995 SL320 R129
I just bought a 50" LG plasma for £499 from here....

Best Buy opens its doors in UK | The Sun |Fun|Gizmo

Whilst there I also bought 2 Toshiba 32" LCD TV's for £179.99 each for my kids bedrooms.
Mega queues about half an hours wait to get in but plenty of bargains to be had

Do they have alot of stock? Thinking about heading over there tomorrow morning for TV and one of Toshiba DVD players at £14.99!

Great. I see they opening one in Liverpool- will certainly take a look.

Do they have alot of stock? Thinking about heading over there tomorrow morning for TV and one of Toshiba DVD players at £14.99!

They are selling loads of stuff, the 50" Plasma that I bought was out of stock, but they promised me a free home delivery next Saturday.

The Toshiba TV's I took away with me, there seemed to be stock unloading while we were there.
The staff are great, I would guess at least 50% are American and they cannot do enough for you. If it remains that way Curry's Comet etc are in for a rough ride.

Missed the £14.99 DVD players, but I was after a TV so did not really look much further....

Best Buy is mahoooosive in the USA.. my cousin loves the place... there are even vending machines all over the states selling consumables such as chargers, batteries etc..
A really good company IMO.

I went down there today, missed out on the £15 DVD players and the 1TB external hard drive for £50, but picked up one of the 32" TV's for £180.

It's actually an offshoot of Carphone Warehouse, in association with Best Buy USA. I doubt the real bargains will last for too long.

can someone provide a model number for the 32" Toshiba TV ??

shame you can't buy off the net...seems like a Costco set-up (without the membership) if they carry on only selling out of warehouses.

OOOoooohhh. I will have to take a good look. I have been to a couple outside of Toronto a few times and it has to be said they do offer fantastic value on well known brands.

Is it just me or is that site pants? I can't seem to find any pricing!

Definitely a bit poo, a few of us talked about sharing fuel costs and nipping down to pick up some stuff. I'm after a home cinema system and all I see are reasons why I should get 3D :eek:.

Yes the website is pants, but I cannot fault the service, well pleased with the new T.V. (s)

most of the deals at best buy finished over thde opening weekend - definitely no more 32 inch toshiba tvs!! sorry guys !! I went on Sunday over the bank holiday only managed to get one of the last sony dslr cameras ans 1/2 price n band routers

It's actually an offshoot of Carphone Warehouse, in association with Best Buy USA. I doubt the real bargains will last for too long.

I thought that Best Buy owned half of Carphone Warehouse so it's hardly an offshoot.

I thought that Best Buy owned half of Carphone Warehouse so it's hardly an offshoot.

Yes, that's correct. A couple of years ago Best Buy purchased 50% of Carphone Warehouse. Having said that, technically Best Buy Europe is a 'joint venture' so it is an offshoot as it's with CPW's backing that Best Buy got into Europe (in the same way CPW sell mobiles in the US).

BestBuy blasts into UK with Carphone Warehouse buy ? Channel Register

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom