Cheap MAFs!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterfau

Car
2000 S320 cdi 1996 SL320
Pierburg make some OEM Mercedes MAFs and they are much cheaper than either Pierburg or Bosch ones supplied through the dealerships. When trying to solve the smoke problem on my S320 CDI I got one from a motor factors for under £50 + Vat ( It turned out that the original unit was OK, so I have a spare if anybody needs it!!)
I also had to replace a Bosch one on my wife's Audi TT Roadster and again used a Pierburg at similar money. The motor factors will have a fitment list with the latest part numbers for each vehicle. The original fitted to my CDI was Pierburg but the replacement data showed that the part had been superceded by a newer part number.
I am advised that the Pierburg units are much more relaible than the Bosch equivelent.

It's a well known substitution on the VAG 1.9 diesel to put the 220 CDi MAF on as the Bosch equivalent for the VW was in the region of £250. The Pierburg at £47+VAT from a Merc dealer was well recieved!

Can you tell me which motor factor you used with the fitment list - it may well be that pierburg units will fit the petrol engined cars too.

TVM

R

Richard

I am in Dublin , but you can try any larger local motor factor.
By the way, from memory the Merc CDI unit and the TT petrol one looked the same to me but I assume that they had different numbers.

Pierburg contact for: United Kingdom
GSF Birmingham
Unit 21, The Fort Industrial Park
Dunlop Way
city Birmingham post code B357 AR

country United Kingdom

phone ++44 0121 749 8800
contact person Andrew Woodfinden
fax ++44 0121 749 880
e-mail [email protected]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread