Cheap quick easy bluetooth for W203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lfckeeper

Car
Bmw 5 series (Former W203 C class and 2x W219 CLS owner)
Hope this helps fellow W203 owners who want bluetooth in their car, as the title says it a quick cheap and easy way to bluetooth connect your phone and use its sat nav etc.

Things you will need

1 Aux cable (MB Part number A203 440 18 08)
2 12v extension cable (Halfords about £10)
3 Blue tooth reciever (Ebay about £5)
4 3.5mm head phone extension
5.A flip close phone case/cover

How to do it

1. Fit Aux cable (lots of how to on this site)

2. insert 3.5mm extension , running along the 'shelf' in the glove box, run it under the side of the centre console, (it will literally push up there) to the ashtray at the rear.

3. Remove the ashtray at the rear of the car, open the centre console storage compartment.

4. At the bottom rear of this compartment, it is possible to push the 3.5mm jack, via the rear ashtray ,into the centre console compartment.

5 Attach Bluetooth receiver

6. Remove centre console cover and gear knob bezel, ashtray and cup holder (again 'how to' are on this site)

7. Remove the actual 12v power supply. (I used a soldering iron to melt the surrounding plastic) it needs to be removed so its all connected but can lie in the ashtray, allowing you to do plug in the 12v power extension cable to the 12v power supply.

8. Refit the ashtray

9. At the front of the centre console compartment you can push the 12v power extension cable through so it is where the cup holder was, pull it through to plug into the 12v power supply. You can tuck the wire down the side of the exposed centre console. (there is a surprising amount of room)

10. Refit the cup holder (this may take a bit of wiggling the 12v cable and a lot of swearing but it will go)

11. refit the centre console cover and bezel (it will be a tighter squeeze with the cover as you have the 12v cable running to the ashtray, but it will go back on as before)

12. Close the ashtray, it will feel like it won't close, it will and will be difficult to open thanks to the cable, you WANT this to happen to prevent it opening all the time when removing your phone.

13. Put the 'cover' of your flip close phone case into the gap at the top of the closed ashtray (it may need trimming to fit in)

14. connect bluetooth reciever to your phone, put phone in the 'holder' part of your phone case, hey presto, hands free bluetooth sat nav.

I think it looks good, I can add pics if people need them of how it looks. I also use an app called ultimate car dock on my phone. this allows me to change track, use the phone handsfree easily use sat nav and voice activate things.

i hope this, first of all, makes sense and secondly is helpful to people. Feel free to ask questions.:thumb:

Hey where can I find the aux cable in online? I looked around everywhere but can't find it sadly.
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom