Cheap s212 e63 bi-turbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not badly specced either Gav, spend a few quid to lose the neglect and somebody will have a nice motor there.

Bit high on the miles but could be evened out over a few years...

Love the user name 'hm customs and excise' lol

Down the road from me, would take a look if anyone is interested.

Love the user name 'hm customs and excise' lol

Down the road from me, would take a look if anyone is interested.

I wonder if he’d let that go for £20K

Not sure I see it as being “cheap” because it’s no hard to get a facelift E63 for circa £25k plus that car needs the thick end of a couple of grand spending on it to get it in tip-too condition plus it’s really big mileage for the year.

Unless it’s bought by someone who’ll drive it as it stands (and then into the ground) then I can see it ending up being cheaper in time.

The only serious question nobody has mentioned, and neither has the ad, is whether it has a full service history; the rest is just cosmetics (apart from the service and brake pads). The wheels need refurbishing - £300 or so - and it needs a little bodywork; black is easy to match and blend, so that won't cost a fortune. The mileage isn't exactly starship mileage for a six-year-old car either, and the owner is asking a fairly low price to take account of that mileage, and of what needs doing; I'm sure he'd take £20K anyway.

If I was looking for one now, I wouldn't have a facelift - the front end just doesn't look like a 'proper' Mercedes to me. I wouldn't buy a black one either, but if that one were dark blue, the service history was satisfactory, and there was nothing else that needed doing, I'd pay £20K and reckon I had a decent deal.

Just hope his wife doesn’t read the eBay advert -

Now down to £20k with a 'best offer' option too!

Wow that's worth punt

Someone mustn’t have liked it when they saw it I guess! The guy seems to have honestly described it mind.
Needs new discs too- those look like one of my Grandad’s old 78rpm records.....

P14 YJD looks genuine in history, must be used on company business as it’s travelling c20k a year

It confused me Lee,

The page told me that "The item I'm looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we've found for you."

I wrongly assumed, or skim read, this to mean it's no longer there. I don't want it anyway, too much stuff here at the moment...

The price is low, but I’m not sure how cheap it actually is?

You can buy Bi-turbos with warranty from dealers with half the mileage for £5/6k more.

Factor in the stuff you can see (discs, wheels, tyres, bodywork) and imagine it probably wants a few other jobs (almost inevitable looking at how it appears to have been treated) and it doesn’t seem cheap anymore.

The MoT has expired too.

Then when it’s all said and done, you’ve got a 100k miler that although probably runs/drives fine will be harder to sell and worth less than all the typical 50k ones later on.

Okay if you’re keeping it a while but doesn’t make sense to me otherwise :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom