Cheap SLK on Pistonheads - scam or genuine?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eng622

I contacted the seller by email (no phone no given) about their 05 SLK priced at £8.1K (London). I asked about condition and got the following reply which I think is a little unusual and for a contact no. which was not given. What do you think?

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my car.
The car is in good condition, has no technical damage at all, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects.
It's fun and robust to drive . Technical inspection and emissions testing is passed and stamped as well. It has title of ownership, cleared of any obligations or fees and comes with all the documents you need to register it. You will not have to pay additional taxes for this. One previous owner... full service history, MOT and Road Tax are payed.
Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have.
Thank you and have a nice day!

Avoid.

When it's too good to be true, its too good to be true.

Funnily enough, I also looked at this car! Too cheap - MUST be a scam! Shame though, on the surface of it, looks like a nice car, but others like it are at least in the £11/12 bracket...

"comes with all the documents you need to register it"

So its abroad then and unlikely to ever turn up.

m.

massive scam - it's one of those 'import tax' capers, popular with Nigerians.

For a small advance fee, they will bring the car over for you (it's so cheap - why would you not!) and give you all the reg documents at the docks. Simples.

Although of course there is no car - the pictures are someone elses motor.

There are literally hundreds of them on eBay now - and eBay themselves seem powerless/disinterested to do anything about it.

Don't they think people won't know its a scam. Always have wrong telephone details so you email. Scum bags.

They work on a numbers game. If only one or two people get hooked it pays.

As for "Nigerians" ...... will this spark off that row again..:cool:

As soon as you see there is no phone number, AVOID!! It's the most obvious sign.

Most likely,but why though :dk:.We all know is true

Who are the WE? You do not know this advert is by a Nigerian. By the way if you care to know, the biggest scammers are from the west, anyone think Mad(e)off. WE also all know that Albanians are very dodgy and love their stolen cars.

Language / phrasing is not right for a UK car & seller e.g.
Technical inspection and emissions testing is passed and stamped as well

WE also all know that Albanians are very dodgy and love their stolen cars.

Don`t argue with that at all,to me all matters is what I do myself
What other boy`s from my country do,I don`t care at all

Albanian?

I hitch hiked across Albania in 1978.

The people were very helpful, nice, welcoming, generous and not terribly well off. Perhaps capitalism has corrupted some of them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom