Cheap SLK on Pistonheads - scam or genuine?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Call me a racist if you care but I dont go about slaging off the people of my host country. if he has such feeling about Nigerians he should go back home and stop making money of the country. If I have such strong feelings about English people, I ,ll make my way back to my country.

They will all thank you for your comments now but remember when push comes to shove they will remind you that you are eastern European!

I'm not Eastern European, my family are Indian, I was born in this country. I don't understand what you're constantly going on about race, did anyone mention race? It was a generalisation. Because I'm Indian, some people automatically assume we make great curries, should I take this as offensive, or they are making a derogatory comment based on my race.

We've heard you shout about random, sometimes incoherent things which IMHO are nothing about race although you have made it into these. Stop being so unnecessarily abusive/argumentative, nobody is attacking anyone, we're having a civilised discussion. Do you think you can contribute positively?

Because I'm Indian, some people automatically assume we make great curries
Do you mean you don't?:p
And no, just because I'm from Yorkshire I don't keep Ferrets or race Greyhounds....:D

My Geography must be askew...always thought Albania was in the Balkan area of Europe not Eastern Europe. More akin to being near Greece. Or is Greece now Eastern Europe too?

Damn where am I.??:confused::confused::confused:

Lol :D

A lot of people that get scammed want something for almost nothing. A man trying to buy an '05 1 owner SLK for £8000 is worse that the scammer.

Edited pure logic? :crazy::crazy:

There is a significant moral gap between somebody initiating a fraud or crime by laying out some bait and their intended victims - who may be naive, opportunistic, or greedy - but are not attempting to perpetrate a crime.

And then you taint the victims of the scam.

I don't think the irony is intentional - I think you genuinely don't see it.

Because I'm Indian, some people automatically assume we make great curries, should I take this as offensive, or they are making a derogatory comment based on my race.

My wife initially found this stressful rather than offensive.

Expectations of visitors coming for dinner are way too high.

However we found that there's an associated placebo effect. So you can bluff it. They'll think it's good anyway.;)

Because I'm Indian, some people automatically assume we make great curries, should I take this as offensive, or they are making a derogatory comment based on my race.

If someone automatically assumed a Nigerian fella he met knows how to play football, I am sure the Nigerian will be elated (there are many good Nigerian footballers e.g. Okocha, Kanu e.tc). I am not sure the Nigerian will be happy if it was assumed that he is a scammer because he is from Nigeria.

A Pakistani has no reason to take offence if someone assumed he could make a tasty chapati but I,ll love to see that pakistani that hugs a man who assumes he is a terrorist becuse he is from Pakistan.

If someone automatically assumed a Nigerian fella he met knows how to play football, I am sure the Nigerian will be elated (there are many good Nigerian footballers e.g. Okocha, Kanu e.tc). I am not sure the Nigerian will be happy if it was assumed that he is a scammer because he is from Nigeria.

A Pakistani has no reason to take offence if someone assumed he could make a tasty chapati but I,ll love to see that pakistani that hugs a man who assumes he is a terrorist becuse he is from Pakistan.

Can you get off your extremely high and mighty steed and join the rest of us on planet Earth. Yet again I say nobody is turning this into a race issue except yourself....... Not enough fibre in your diet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b2y0gSIsLg

Last edited:
Can you get off your extremely high and mighty steed and join the rest of us on planet Earth. Yet again I say nobody is turning this into a race issue except yourself....... Not enough fibre in your diet?

YouTube - Russell Peters-Def People

Make your point, if you have one and forget about all this fibre in your diet business.... if i t was meant to be funny, you failed.

I was just pointing out that you argument didnt make any sense.

Make your point, if you have one and forget about all this fibre in your diet business.... if i t was meant to be funny, you failed.

Thats rich coming from you, why dont you grow up and try and have a mature, adult discussion rather than attempting to turn this into something it clearly is not.......

By the way you're the only one saying it wasnt funny

It's your logic that is flawed. You can't (or won't, I suspect) see the difference between:

1 "A Nigerian is likely to ba a scammer"
2 "A scam (of this particular type) is likely to come from Nigeria"

1 is racist, 2 is a statement of probability based on the sorts of stats you saw mentioned above.

As for saying that the victims are worse than the fraudster... :eek:

It's your logic that is flawed. You can't (or won't, I suspect) see the difference between:

1 "A Nigerian is likely to ba a scammer"
2 "A scam (of this particular type) is likely to come from Nigeria"

1 is racist, 2 is a statement of probability based on the sorts of stats you saw mentioned above.

As for saying that the victims are worse than the fraudster... :eek:

If it wasnt some form of bigotry why did Nigeria come into this at all.

Go back to the OPs question; he asked could this be a scam? The OP was asking the question becuase he didnt want to be left out of pocket. I am sure he doesnt care if it is a Nigerian or Bernie Madoff's cousin that wants to scam him, he just doesnt want to be left out of pocket.

If in this particular case the OP said something along the lines of getting a call from a number that showed a Nigerian country code, then it would be fair to say yes the scammer is in Nigeria and 99.9% likely to be a Nigerian.

However it wasnt the case, the OP asked a question and about 10 answers down, the name Nigeria starts to creep in....why? It was not based on any facts but on hearsay and prejudiced views. Was it necessary? what does it achieve?

I wasnt a member of this forum when Madeline Mccan was kidnapped but I have a strong feeling it may have been discussed on here as it was big news when it happened. Imagine if I came on a thread that discussed the kidnapping and based on prejudiced and stereotypical views about paedophiles and not facts or evidence, announced with confidence that the kidnapper was an English man who liked to molest young girls. I doubt if i would have had any supporters.

At the end of the day I am defending a country and people whose name has been rubbished unjustifiably one too many times. :mad:

Is this a five-minute argument, or the full half hour?

[YOUTUBE]teMlv3ripSM[/YOUTUBE]

smiley-face-popcorn.gif
smiley-face-popcorn.gif
smiley-face-popcorn.gif

Wow, wow , wow. This is very serious. Let me start by explaining certain things.

There was a thread before on here where this sort of scam was discussed. I too took offence and in the end let it go because it was getting too much.

I agree with pappilo in saying that the Op's question does not in any way automatically mean that the scammer is a NIGERIAN. I too in the 1st or 2nd page of this thread questioned that but I really don't like where this thread has gone to with the blatant racist talk and stuff. We are all humans and adults with respect for each other even though some of us have never met. I know that this forum has been of great help to me and no one asked me if I was black or white before helping me out. Having said that, Nigeria does have a really bad reputation for being 419'ers/scammers and I can authoritatively tell you that this problem is a lot better than it was during the military days. Whilst it cannot be totally eliminated, they are pushing forward the same way fraud and other athrocities being perpetrated elsewhere in other countries are being dealt with. Agreed Pappilo needs to calm down, he is clearly annoyed and I too was but now see a reason to try and sort this out. Regarding certain comments on here regarding experiences in Nigeria, what you experience in a state or place in a certain period does not automatically mean its the same all over the country.

Pappilo's argument in post number 108 was a classic example of what assunption and stereotyping can do.

We are all nice forum members with great talent to help each other in different things in life and I would love for that to continue but please lets stop all this stereotyping and assumptions about certain countries/people/natuionalities or whatever, in that way we all live happily ever after....

ps: What does AMG stand for???

Last edited:
Sounds like a compliment to me- take it as such. Some of us make godawful curry.

RH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom