Cheap tuning to slk 200k

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slkroadrunner

Car
2002 slk 200k
Hey guys,

New to this site. Me and a friend have just bought a cheap 2002 slk 200k for a road rally and looking for some cheapish mods to give it slightly more poke.

We have removed 1 of the silencers, installed a home fabricated decat pipe, installed a cone filter, maf sensor mesh delete, awaiting delivery of a smaller sc pulley but thinking of installing a larger delivery fuel pump either on its own? or was trying to see if their's injectors from another model that may aid to deliver more fuel before getting it remapped.

Any other suggestions is welcomed

Cheers
Ross

You won't get the full (if any) benefit from those modifications without a remap on a dyno

There's not a huge amount to be gained with the SC setup on 2.0, a turbocharger with standalone ecu
would produce far more power.

If you're rallying the car reliability is probably of greater concern so I would focus less on a HP figure and put the car on a weight reduction plan as a first step. I assume you need to run the roof up in the UP position in which case you could look to remove the folding mechanism etc.

Are you governed by FIA? If so you'll probably find there's so strict limitations on what you can do.

Weight reduction
On the 200K engines I think there is a baffle on the supercharger (eaton?) housing, removing that gives you a nice bit of supercharger whine. Worked very well on my old CLK 230K. A little bit less restriction on the intake won't hurt power but this is more for sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom