Cheap tyres from Mercedes... what

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pembssurf

Car
toyota
well got the w204 C250 booked into dealer tomorrow for some warranty work replacing steering rack and enquirer about tyres on the off chance and they can replace my Kumho ecstasy on the front with new ones for £67 inc vat per corner all in. That’s £30 cheaper than black circles. To say I’m surprised is an understatement! Anyone else come Across main dealer random pricing?

My dealer was always very competitive on tyre pricing, replaced those on my S203 cheaper than local tyre shops and they actually fitted them themselves, didn't farm the job out.

I never even thought about trying main dealer for tyres but pleasantly surprised!

Just shows if you do not ask you will never get anything,I must admit I would never have asked about tyres at a MB dealership,well done.

Just need to fill them with Mercedes air from Germany and jobs a good'n' :thumb:

yeah I only use Genuine Mercedes-Benz Air, fully synthetic. Keeps the rubber nice and fresh.

well got the w204 C250 booked into dealer tomorrow for some warranty work replacing steering rack and enquirer about tyres on the off chance and they can replace my Kumho ecstasy on the front with new ones for £67 inc vat per corner all in. That’s £30 cheaper than black circles. To say I’m surprised is an understatement! Anyone else come Across main dealer random pricing?

Hope it works out but that seems an unlikely difference - they'll either be a different tyre, they've got the size wrong, or it's just a plain price mistake.

The only time my dealer ever quoted me for tyres - a pair of rears - I thought "hmm, that's not bad". Then they said "each"! I forget the make but it wasn't a premium one. When I told them how much Michelin's were at Costco they said their cost price was higher.

Well even if it a mistake they have sent me an estimate via the starview link with the health check and it states the same price there so Il be only paying that, mistake or not. They are only kumhos though. Incidentally I asked about OEM continentals and they want wanted £93 per corner which is still over £25 per corner cheaper than black circles.

Picked up the car and confirm no mistake in price not only were the tyres £67 per corner including the VAT there was also free front alignment (when you buy 2 or more tyres).

Happy days!!!!
What size are the Kumhos?

Which model tyre are they? You can get them from £50 a tyre, depending on the model. Plus fitting, so still a good price, with alignment as well!

Picked up the car and confirm no mistake in price not only were the tyres £67 per corner including the VAT there was also free front alignment (when you buy 2 or more tyres).

Happy days!!!!

Awesome! Which dealership is it? I want to go there!!

I can confirm that is not on the menu on massage parlours in the Far East. Dealership is Sinclair in South WaleS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom