Cheap W124 injectors! - engine no?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crammy69

Car
2001 W210 E55 AMG,2010 Fiat 500 1.2,2002 Triumph America,LML Star 125 DLX,1984 C70,2011 Thruxton
I just been scouting Ebay and came across some Bosch Injectors at £19.50 each incl postage.:bannana: Given my mechanic said I needed a couple replaced and I've read a few posts here and elsewhere that sing the praises of the increased fuel economy I fancy getting them.

Things is....

The part number is 0 437 502 047 which they say is for a 300CE Coupe engine number M103.983 - is this correct for my 300CE-24Valve? I know I should use that Russian site but I just get lost in in :eek:

Cheers
Simon

If you put in your chassis no in the Vin no box on the first page of the russian site and click on the link at the bottom of all the listed details of the car that should take you to the correct section of the parts listing.

Your engine is an M104,

Russian site page is here, I think thats the right page, but not sure which bits you need as I've never taken a fuel injected engine to bits..

I read on here that it improves economy, so I'll be interested to hear how you get on.

Ade

Im assuming its item 11 on the attached diagram, but the number mentioned for it is 0000785823 which doesnt seem to tie up with anything I have read....

Just seen your post ade, M104, ok well that counts out the cheap injectors then! as they are for the M103.

Many thanks again, Im gonna have to start paying you consultancy!

B07075000016.0135.gif

Last edited:
the number mentioned for it is 0000785823 which doesnt seem to tie up with anything I have read....
That's a Mercedes-Benz part number; the other number you have is a Bosch part number. No easy way to know whether they're the same part. The fuel injection on the M103 won't be enormously different from the M104, but the Mercedes-Benz part number for those injectors (see here) is different - suggesting they are indeed different parts.

cheers Brian!

the Bosch number 0 437 502 047 corresponds to MB 0000 785 623 for the M103 engine. the MB number you need is 0000 785 823 which seems to be a fitment on some twin cam 4valve heads. My guess is they will have a different spray pattern?

That great, many thanks Grober!

I bet the injectors aren't faulty, your problem sounds like a vacuum leak.

Test the injectors by spraying them into a clear glass jar and watching the spray pattern.

I bet the injectors aren't faulty, your problem sounds like a vacuum leak.

Test the injectors by spraying them into a clear glass jar and watching the spray pattern.
Yep, when I saw the car that was suggested as a possible issue, I mentioned it to the merc mehcnaic and he seemed reluctant to acknowledge my comment or look at it, Ill have to give him a call next week to see if he checked that out and discounted it, or did in fact just ignore me!.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom