Cheapest but newest car available to buy today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
hi

I was wondering what would be the cheapest but newest car you could buy today 2nd hand?

I assume its probably a hyundai or kia of some kind....

I tried to do an autotrader search but it wouldnt allow me to search and list it in age order.

Whats the cheapest but newest car you've seen?

cheers

Derek

There's an Aixam dealer by me. They are very cheap at £5250 and new.

Aixam

Last edited:
Their website refers to it as a quadricycle.... so does it have pedals... :D

if u do not mind doing repairs always worth looking in copart.co.uk sometimes bargains appear old, nearly new, but aixam noticed to be the cheapest

In December 2012 the company car rules at work mean that even if I opt out - which I do - I must have a car which has at least 4 doors, 4 seats, fixed rood, not more than 5 years old, and emit less than 160g/km.

The cheapest nearly new car I could find when I looked a few months ago a nearly new FIAT Panda seemed the ideal purchase. At the time £4.5k got me 4.5 years of company car motoring. Someone has one at work, and actually uses it for business, and loves it!!

hi

I was wondering what would be the cheapest but newest car you could buy today 2nd hand?

I assume its probably a hyundai or kia of some kind....

Perodua were only £4799 when new, although they can't be too bad since used ones on autotrader seem to be the same price as cars that cost double that new...

These ones have to be the cheapest?

2011 PERODUA MYVI 1.3 SXI 5DR CHOICE OF COLOURS

Mrs. Stratman bought a new Panda on the scrappage deal and I am amazed at how good it is. Reliable, quiet, great fun to drive. What's not to like?

Courtesy of Auto trader - Cars under 1 year old and under £4000, there appears to be some Chevrolet Aveos.

In December 2012 the company car rules at work mean that even if I opt out - which I do - I must have a car which has at least 4 doors, 4 seats, fixed rood, not more than 5 years old, and emit less than 160g/km.

The cheapest nearly new car I could find when I looked a few months ago a nearly new FIAT Panda seemed the ideal purchase. At the time £4.5k got me 4.5 years of company car motoring. Someone has one at work, and actually uses it for business, and loves it!!

My son recently bought a base model panda, slightly under a year old and about £4k.

Despite having almost no power its a hoot to drive, excellent handling, quick enough once you remember to maintain momentum and its small.

Cheap to run and fun. And tardis like...

What's not to like:)

Hmmmm.....wonder if might affect me. I'm hoping not but, just in case, how were you notified?

At least 4 doors - yes, five
4 seats - yes seven, actually
fixed rood - yup, got one of them
not more than 5 years old - err...got me there
and emit less than 160g/km - I'll get my coat......

Hmmmm.....wonder if might affect me. I'm hoping not but, just in case, how were you notified?

It's company policy rather than Government-led, and so was just communicated as an announcement by email. It might be worth checking with your fleet manager or HR.

If you work for a company which supports green/environmental/sustainability initiatives, then something similar may be on the cards.

Fortunately they gave us pretty much 2 years notice which I think is fair. I might think differently if I'd just signed a 3 year lease though!! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom