Cheapest petrol or diesel in the past year or so?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gr1nch

Car
2017 W222 S350d AMG Line Premium Plus : Iridium Silver and Black Nappa
How about you?

Apart from Luxembourg petrol stations all having the same low price by law, the lowest was at a Germany motorway service station on the way back from a wedding in Hungary last year. It had two petrol stations, one free-standing and €1.15/litre for diesel, the other part of a large restaurant at €0.99/litre! I thought my eyes were deceiving me as it was (a) the lowest I'd seen since petrol hit the magic £1/litre way back when in the UK, when there was the threat of motorists blockading refineries etc and (b) such drastically different pricing next to it - rival's trend to undercut if possible, but peg closely. Needless to say I "brimmed" the tank

It was 99p a litre in the UK within the last year. Back up to around £1.13 a litre now though.

I recall filling up the Volvo with diesel at 97.9p a litre at Asda in High Wycombe as the oil price hit rock bottom.

It's a bit closer than Luxembourg.

Whilst posted to Germany in the early 2000s I was paying 14p a litre thanks to our tax exempt status as HM Forces. I could fill my tank for less than £9!!! Happy days!

My local garage has just put another penny on diesel now its 118.9. Its just to cash in on the Christmas rush I guess.

The garage is operated by Euro Garages who are buying up sites for fun which are just off motorway junctions. My local Asda less than a mile away is charging 112.9. No surprises where this boy buys his diesel I bet. I do chuck a bit of Millers additive in now and again tho.

Diesel was 68p and Petrol 81p in Gibraltar September this year.

As Gibraltar main currency is UK pounds it seems a bit unfair that we pay a lot more.

gib_petrol_Copy.jpg

Last edited:
I paid £1.06p the other day at Costco Oldham

Think it was around 95p last year there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom