Cheapest source for W126 Idle Actuator valve?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattsimis

Car
560SEC / 850CSi / 525i
Ive been having trouble with idle speed since I got it, finally fixed every Vacuum leak and thought my idle was solved. However Ive noticed after a long drive, the idle continues to creep up. This is a replaced but used Valve.. I tried the "spring" mod (pulling out the centre cap slightly) but it didnt seem to help over the longer period, just initial startup, I suspect its just broken and tired and with heat and use its messing the idle.

Whats the cheapest source for a new Idle control Valve for a 560SEC (think pn is: 000 141 1425) over this side of the world? Or does anyone have a known, assured, absolutely working used one to sell?

On your link there is no stock (and its a used search with no guarantee) and on Ebay.de I found some Used ones for like over EUR130 which is a complete waste as its like 66% the price of a new part.

I did find this new but presumably replica part on Ebay.com:
AC91 Idle Air Control Valve | eBay

$105 plus shipping, cheapest and best option so far with the gamble thats its an unknown brand.

There is also one of the relay boxes which controls the idle speed : on my 500 SEL re soldering the board cured an erratic idle for me .

Sorry , can't remember which one it was , but I just went round all of them since it only cost my own time and car has idled perfectly since , now almost 5 years and 70K on .

There is also one of the relay boxes which controls the idle speed : on my 500 SEL re soldering the board cured an erratic idle for me .

Sorry , can't remember which one it was , but I just went round all of them since it only cost my own time and car has idled perfectly since , now almost 5 years and 70K on .
I changed that one already, might just swap it back (both used) to see if there is any difference.

On your link there is no stock (and its a used search with no guarantee) and on Ebay.de I found some Used ones for like over EUR130 which is a complete waste as its like 66% the price of a new part.

I did find this new but presumably replica part on Ebay.com:
AC91 Idle Air Control Valve | eBay

$105 plus shipping, cheapest and best option so far with the gamble thats its an unknown brand.

Standard Auto Parts are mainly a North American Company USA and Canada as far as I can determine from their website. Manufacturing and Distribution Facilities
They may just repackage cheap Chinese knock offs --- -I don't know---maybe some of the US forum members could comment. In my experience many of the German companies selling second hand parts are pretty good as the Germans don't seem to put up with people selling crap like we do -- and MB has a site somewhere that sells refurbished parts with a warranty. Its been mentioned on here before

Standard Auto Parts are mainly a North American Company USA and Canada as far as I can determine from their website. Manufacturing and Distribution Facilities
They may just repackage cheap Chinese knock offs --- -I don't know---maybe some of the US forum members could comment. In my experience many of the German companies selling second hand parts are pretty good as the Germans don't seem to put up with people selling crap like we do -- and MB has a site somewhere that sells refurbished parts with a warranty. Its been mentioned on here before
I like your detective work! Today I ordered this unit due to the following:

- Tested disconnecting the IAC have in it now and the Idle didnt change at all! It used to surge to 1500rpm, makes me think the IAC I has is totally dead!
- Found some other AC91 IACs for $463, making me think they are not quite as cheap and cheerful as I first thought. Will give it a shot anyhow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom