Cheating!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Over 3 hours so far-I think I need to stop him and send him home :)

Cheers Greg i have just done a A/G clean and proof when the water stops beading i will give him a call for roof and headlight restoration....Thanks again.
(the roof is pretty dirty i can see the dirt but for some reason cant get it out?)

Tony.

Cheers Greg i have just done a A/G clean and proof when the water stops beading i will give him a call for roof and headlight restoration....Thanks again.
(the roof is pretty dirty i can see the dirt but for some reason cant get it out?)

Tony.

Are you using a brush Tony?

Are you using a brush Tony?

I have used brushes of all descriptions sponges in varying density...i can see the crud if i run a finger nail over the fabric but can not lift it out...its like i need to vax it or wet and dry hoover it out if that makes sense?

Tony.

Finished :) (I think Tom might be even better than me!)

DSCN0992_zps22pxgyv5.jpg

DSCN0999_zpsv5jqxtnf.jpg

DSCN0996_zpsjqtex2kw.jpg

DSCN0994_zpsntltjwff.jpg

DSCN1001_zpsq1xvq7di.jpg

DSCN1002_zpskrx9dair.jpg

DSCN1005_zpsva0qcavk.jpg

and finally!!

DSCN1006_zpsffm2iqz3.jpg

I have used brushes of all descriptions sponges in varying density...i can see the crud if i run a finger nail over the fabric but can not lift it out...its like i need to vax it or wet and dry hoover it out if that makes sense?

Tony.

It may require a stronger cleaner like VP Citrus to break down the contamination & work that with a brush type shown below.

uf-natural-horse-hair-convertible-softop-brush.png

I'm guessing there's no reason why you can't hoover it with a brush - not sure but wet vac may be too aggressive on the suction, leaving soggy section of lose canvas?

Looks fantastic again Greg. I have to confess that mine is feeling a bit neglected since our daughter Zaya was born just a month ago. A detailer lives just 100 yards from home but I'm not sure about paying him to do what I know would be a fantastic job when there's all this rain about. I've just spent £1760 (including £53 for the baby - so much for them being free when they don't have a seat!) on the flights for our holiday in September so I have to watch the pennies now.

Wheel Woolies are amazing for getting my wheels clean throughout. I just use them and some soapy water - no chemicals:
knighterrant-albums-mercedes-c350-cgi-sport-saloon-march-2012-picture5869-c350-wheel.jpg

But nothing beats taking them off for a thorough clean and wax - though only once a year for me.

Looks fantastic again Greg. I have to confess that mine is feeling a bit neglected since our daughter Zaya was born just a month ago. A detailer lives just 100 yards from home but I'm not sure about paying him to do what I know would be a fantastic job when there's all this rain about. I've just spent £1760 (including £53 for the baby - so much for them being free when they don't have a seat!) on the flights for our holiday in September so I have to watch the pennies now.

Wheel Woolies are amazing for getting my wheels clean throughout. I just use them and some soapy water - no chemicals:
knighterrant-albums-mercedes-c350-cgi-sport-saloon-march-2012-picture5869-c350-wheel.jpg

But nothing beats taking them off for a thorough clean and wax - though only once a year for me.

Congratulations on your new baby. I guess that is an excuse for letting the car go ;)

Hello Greg, it looks great - do you know what tyre dressing he used?

Tom has done a great job there Greg and he does do soft top cleaning and sealing as he did the CLK a month ago:thumb:

Tom has done a great job there Greg and he does do soft top cleaning and sealing as he did the CLK a month ago:thumb:

I'm thinking that I need Tom to clay it soon as well :)

not every time the car is cleaned surely?

I can clean my wheels with them on ok as the spokes are far apart.

Usually once a month the wheels come off if the car has been used in bad weather so i can treat/clean the inner splash guards and coil springs up front and rear shocks.

I dont tend to use the car in bad weather tho doh.:D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom