Check adblue. Engine restart not possible in xxx miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidarnol

Just had a B service on our E220 bluetec 2015, the message above appeared in the dash shortly afterward, garage says both NOX sensors have to be replaced so nothing to do with the Adblue level, is this a common symptom for NOX sensor issues?, apparently the new sensors are an improved version but currently not in stock in the UK

My NOX sensors failed and Mercedes replaced for free. I contacted them directly. Local garage seem to think it was acceptable for these parts to fail. Same Dec 2015.

Can’t you check the level using the ‘service’ menu? On my C Class it shows the level of adblue. Could it be they didn’t fill it up during the service?

Another faulty W212 NOx sensor here, driving home from the dealer, minutes after picking it up! :(

Told it's OK to drive, no AdBlue warning, but the bloke from the RAC (who came round the diagnose the problem) said an AdBlue countdown with a full AdBlue tank is a symptom of a duff NOx sensor, he's seen it a few times before.

Not a great start to Mercedes-Benz ownership.

Good luck with ownership. 8 months ownership NOX sensors x2, power boot failed, creaking panoramic roof (not fixed) door lights all failed (puddle lights), o2 sensors x2, new coolant leak (not resolved), engine noise in footwell (not resolved), recall for airbag, all 4 wheel caps / stems broken due to seized metal caps on 2 miles after service (how did dealer check tyre pressures?) topped off with naff mpg. Worst purchase I’ve ever made. Main dealer wanted £390 for service B, under scrutiny only hardware was oil and filter everything else was checks.

No power boot, panoramic sunroof or metal valve caps here, so that's three faults I'll miss out on :)

How old / many miles has yours done?

No power boot, panoramic sunroof or metal valve caps here, so that's three faults I'll miss out on :)

How old / many miles has yours done?
C220 estate AMG premium plus Registered Dec 2014 covered 50k
Had NOX replaced at 38k

Really like the cars looks and drive but too many faults in 1st year. I buy them 3 years old. Paid 22k ish.

Ah, so not a W212 E-Class.

Update. Dealer says that MB have agreed to change out both NOX sensors free of charge, but no stock in the UK or Germany, so driving around in a complimentary customer experience vehicle until the new sensors show up and are fitted. The 3 year New car warranty expired a year ago so quite happy with the decision from MB and the dealer to supply and fit new sensors.

I had them changed on my old E350 Coupe.
They where done FOC when it was just out of warranty , It did have a full MB service history though.
The service manager said they had changed literally thousands of them, and the new sensors where a different design.
He also said they always changed them FOC, as it is a well know fault.

Update. Dealer says that MB have agreed to change out both NOX sensors free of charge, but no stock in the UK or Germany, so driving around in a complimentary customer experience vehicle until the new sensors show up and are fitted. The 3 year New car warranty expired a year ago so quite happy with the decision from MB and the dealer to supply and fit new sensors.

Did you book the car in?

Mercedes Assist told me to take the car to my local dealer. I rang the dealer and they told me they had no courtesy cars available.

No worries they say, we can arrange a hire car for you. Great, or so I thought.

They can't ring up Europcar until my car is physically on site. It can take 3-4 hours for Europcar to deliver a car to the dealer.

I asked them if they could arrange for the hire car to be delivered, and once it's onsite, I'll drive past on my way home, swap cars, job done.

But no, I have to wait around for up to half a day twiddling my thumbs waiting for the car to be delivered. So that's either time off work or a waste of my weekend.

Not great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom