Check Engine Oil Level At Next Refuel, Could It Be The Brabus Box?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

As I've been driving down the motorway today this message flashed up 'check oil level at next refuelling'.

The car is 6500 miles away from a 'C' service, so could this be anything to do with the Brabus box? This is my fourth 211 and I've never had that come up on the dash. :confused:

I was in two minds whether to get it serviced early for piece of mind and I think that this might bring that forward.

Any thoughts people?

The diesels have an oil level sensor, it will warn you if it needs topping up. Check ther oil level with the car on flat ground via the cluster display after it has been off for a while. Procedure will be in your owners manual if you havent done it before.

As I've been driving down the motorway today this message flashed up 'check oil level at next refuelling'.

The car is 6500 miles away from a 'C' service, so could this be anything to do with the Brabus box? This is my fourth 211 and I've never had that come up on the dash. :confused:

I was in two minds whether to get it serviced early for piece of mind and I think that this might bring that forward.

Any thoughts people?

I've had that message before on my previous IL6.
When I stopped and checked it told me to add 0.5L.

It's normal, I'm sure.

will take a minute to check oil level(im assuming it has a dipstick!)

I'm sure it does need topping up, that's not really my point.

My point is why? 6500 miles early? When I've never had that with any of my other Mercedes, although this is my first V6 CDi.

I'm sure it does need topping up, that's not really my point.

My point is why? 6500 miles early? When I've never had that with any of my other Mercedes, although this is my first V6 CDi.

Consumption and service due mileage aren't connected.

Worry ye not.

Indeed all the cars we have owned -would you believe it was the honda accord that consumed the most oil (VTEC -variable valve timing probably cause?)and it had no low oil warning either!:mad:

Have had this message in my E280CDI. Oil was at minimmum on dipstick (after allowing it to stand for a while) had to add oil to top it up.

My wifes B class said that a while back no where near a service.. the two are not related.

Put half a litre in and its been fine since.

I wouldn't worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom