'Check Engine oil level when next refuelling'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice combination! I have a C63 and an M3 too. Both great cars. Don’t ask me to pick which one I’d have to choose to keep. Very difficult question!

4-A8-B19-C9-54-E9-4-E5-A-AC4-D-21-A67-C5961-E4.jpg

Nice combination! I have a C63 and an M3 too. Both great cars. Don’t ask me to pick which one I’d have to choose to keep. Very difficult question!

I wouldn't want to choose either 😄

That model of the M3 is more than just an M3! but then you have an C63 estate! Truly the best of both worlds.

Hope you're all having a good week. Busy couple of days, but I managed to add the oil tonight. Went for a good drive and thankfully the engine oil light didn't come on again :) Really appreciate all of you being so helpful and supportive. I filled it up with the amg high performance oil - ended up only needing to add about 800ml. thanks again 👌

My guess is that the dealer put the minimum amount of oil that they could get away with at the service and now the car has used 100-200ml in the last 1,000 miles and that has triggered the message. My bet is that you won't see the message again ......until after the next service!

My guess is that the dealer put the minimum amount of oil that they could get away with at the service and now the car has used 100-200ml in the last 1,000 miles and that has triggered the message. My bet is that you won't see the message again ......until after the next service!
That would be disappointing, because we've bought cars from them before and my sister has her Land Rover usually serviced there. But your guess is as good as mine to be honest. As we discussed, the manual does say that the car would use up around 1l of oil per 1000km if driven at higher speeds. Given that I usually drive it at 70mph plus as I only really go between London and Kent, using up 1l wouldn't surprise me. Let's see how the next 1000km are like.

Why 10 litres of high performance MB AMG oil 229.5 at home?
I bought two 5l from Mercedes online. It can be used when the car then needs an oil change. Price-wise it wasn't bad at all. As mentioned, I wasn't initially sure if maybe it needed an oil change, was just the case of needing a little top up or maybe the sensor failing. I haven't had the chance to drive it very much during lockdown as I work in the hospital, so when the light came on, I imagined the worst.

Hi all I’m new to the Mercedes I have a a 250 AMG and my warning light popped up saying the same but on checking the levels they are all okay it has done it three times in the last month but every time the oil levels are fine ????

Hi all I’m new to the Mercedes I have a a 250 AMG and my warning light popped up saying the same but on checking the levels they are all okay it has done it three times in the last month but every time the oil levels are fine ????
Have the oil level sensor checked or changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom