Check out today only @ scan.co.uk !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i love the "Add to Basket" button.. like you're going to pay by credit card for something at that price :crazy:

Why not - I know quite a few people who have purchased brand new cars on credit cards for the points!

I tried once, but the dealer said they would never take credit cards for more than £1k due to the high fees charged by the CC companies

I suppose that is about right, but it obviously doesn't bother some.

scotth_uk said:
Was browsing the Today Only page earlier and found this:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/productinfo.asp?WebProductID=198119

A DVD player with Nissan Skyline BNCR33 GTR - a REAL CAR!
I have seen that car in the scan carpark every time I've been there!
Aswall said:
I tried once, but the dealer said they would never take credit cards for more than £1k due to the high fees charged by the CC companies
I tried to buy my previous car with a creditcard, they would take the CC but I'd have to pay 2.5% on top to cover their costs. Ain't gonna happen I'm afraid! I didn't have the credit limit for it, although I could have dumped the cash into my CC from my current account so it would have worked.

Mozzer - awesome car. I still plan to own one ina year or two, but unmodified ones are becoming harder to find.

You could have had mine for 16.5k and it was pretty much stock standard - just chipped to stage 1 - 380 bhp from the standard 280 bhp - 0-60 in less than OMG that's fast :devil:

I loved it but frightened myself with it and found out that there isn't a road in the UK built to take the speed you can do. :eek:

Still miss it to bits and when I visit the old GTROC forum and see that the guy who bought it off me has taken it to 1 bar, etc I want it back :( - but when I read his other posts saying he is looking for a new exhaust, a new gear box and complaining that his car is a petroholic it does make me think, thank god I got out when I did.

I was lucky, I got the car stock for £18k, broke 4th to 5th and had a new gear box put in which only cost me £2k because I went back and cut a deal with the company that sold it to me, then cracked the head and spent a further £5k on replacement head, steel gaskets on everything, etc.

Would I buy another ??? Based on smile per mile - oh god yes - right here, right now :rock:

I just need to live in a country that thinks 168MPH is acceptable and safe - know anywhere :cool:

By the way if you are serious about buying one, drop me a PM and I will give you as much advice as I can.

S

Last edited:
Mozzer, thanks for the info, but I must correct you.....

"there isn't a road in the UK built to take the speed you can do." - you need to come for a drive with me. Anything with an M in the road name means 130+ for me. ;-)

scotth_uk said:
Mozzer, thanks for the info, but I must correct you.....

"there isn't a road in the UK built to take the speed you can do." - you need to come for a drive with me. Anything with an M in the road name means 130+ for me. ;-)

LOL, I was on the M6 toll this afternoon and thought of your avatar!!!

Aww shucks - thanks for thinking of me. :) IIRC, it was about 5 miles from the end, going southbound.

scotth_uk said:
Aww shucks - thanks for thinking of me. :) IIRC, it was about 5 miles from the end, going southbound.

Perhaps a little off topic, but I saw a cop car sitting on the southbound side near the start just before the services. That's what kept me from trying to recreate your "historic" run. :devil:

I say we all cover our plates, head up there and get a group shot at 150+

Scott

OK I'll come for a drive with you but anything less than 168 will seem fairly pedestrian I'm afraid :devil: :rock: :devil:

You know when Luke takes the P out of the millenium falcon and Han and Chewie finally get it working and hyperspace makes all the stars look like white lines of light - that, my friend, is the same sensation as owning a GTR :D

Stuart

It's odd. Due to the police presence on the Motorways, my cruise is normally set to 78mph. No passengers, clear dry conditons and no traffic on my fav. B road and I'll be maxing out in 4th gear between the bends (and through some of the slighter ones!) :D The Skyline could suit my style!

I never really used it to its potential round the twisties as it terrified me - reading posts on the GTROC, I realised that I'm a bit of a dragster, but that the rest of them were rally drivers.

Its the oddest thing in the world when the HICAS kicks in on a bend to "help you out." I can only describe it as flying round a bend where you get to the "please god let this hold" stage and then the car blips the back end out as though you are losing it and the worst thing you can do is come off the power - feels like you are sitting on a turntable and just when you have to concentrate on all the laws of physics and maths you know in the world, someone gives you a mind altering shove on the turntable. :crazy:

Maybe the rest of the forum had much more money / kohones than me, but everytime this happened to me, I could see kerbs that were normally only 5 inches high magically grow to their fully grown height of 9.5 feet and just waited for the crunching sound of my body kit and envisaged the bill for replacing what I had broken and the new pair of pants. The car always got me out of trouble though and I never had a body kit bill but the new pants were still requuired a few times. :D

Graham, if all of the above sounds like what you are looking for, then the GTR is the car for you ;)

Oddly enough, I just got 3 points sent to me this morning, was I driving the Skyline - no, the SLK - no, the MG - no - THE DOGS TURBO DIESEL ESTATE !!!

49 in a 30 is an SP30, fine and 3 points isn't it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom