Check those air filters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
At a recent minor service, the service manager called to say the technician had taken out the air filters and, whilst not scheduled to be replaced, he felt they needed changing as they were dirty.

I agreed.

What a difference to the performance - point, squirt, go.

I had noticed it was a bit off the pace, but thought I was just getting used to it.

It's obvious really, with dirty filters not letting the engine breathe properly.

Logic would dictate that the economy will benefit also - asthmatic engines aren't efficient.

Anyway, my point is - check and change if required, separate to the official maintenance schedule - you'll be glad you did.

Last edited:
i love this forum....

never come across a nicer bunch of like minded people...

see my post re the air filters ;-)

Thanks guys.:)

Just checked mine off the back of this thread ...

The upstream side of the filters was literally chocka with sand , dead flies , dead spiders , leaves , broken bits of glass :dk: and general crap.

Two new filters on order :thumb:

The service interval on (most) MB air filters are 50,000 miles.

The larger engined cars that take in alot of air IMO should be changed more frequently.

The E320CDI V6 filters are always the worst I think because they are tiny.

Just ordered mine before seeing this thread together with plugs. Don't forget the 30% code for ECP

One diesel one petrol. Diesel is worth too much to let me loose on it. Volvo is fair game though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom