Check you're Insured

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks - a good link.

Out of interest I put in the reg no A1 and you'd never guess what it's on....

Vehicle Make/Model: ROVER 45 1.8I (99-02) CONNOISEUR
:confused:

I surprised the spelling police haven't latched onto this thread.

[cough]

yeah, well I err....threw that one in deliberately :D

That really was deliberate :)

Well I find the Suzuki 1200 Bandit is somewhat bland - hence Blandit.

i checked my car which is currently SORN'd and uninsured and it says that it is on the database. So does that mean the car appears to be insured even though it isnt?

My initials (JAS 1) are on a FERRARI F430 F1. So I guess I wont be seeing that on my driveway anytime soon!

Well I find the Suzuki 1200 Bandit is somewhat bland - hence Blandit.

I owned a mildly tuned 1200 Bandit (127 on the Dyno) in the late 90's and I can assure you it was anything but bland even compared to my R1

Phil

It depends what you're comparing it to I guess.

The one I've got has also been fettled with and is reasonably rapid I suppose. But its soft and spongy, is very vague has little little character or charm and compared to my old busa that had close on 200HP, it's positively boring.

I know R1's are quick but as a comparison, an R1 pushes a max of 96NM of torque @ 9k rpm whereas a Busa achieves 99NM virtually at tickover (actually 3000rpm).

I think what I am trying to say is that owning a hayabusa has made other motorcycles seem rather tame. When I combine that with the fact that I really must not buy another one ever again, (or anything like it) it seems to have given my enthusiasm for road bikes a bit of a sideways knock.

The only thing that *might* satisfy my thirst is a KTM 990SM but I understand they are rather delicate beasts not to mention overly pricey. :(

£3k now buys you a good Busa - buy one, experience it for a bit and then sell it quickly before you kill yourself or get sent to gaol. :D

It depends what you're comparing it to I guess.

The one I've got has also been fettled with and is reasonably rapid I suppose. But its soft and spongy, is very vague has little little character or charm and compared to my old busa that had close on 200HP, it's positively boring.

I know R1's are quick but as a comparison, an R1 pushes a max of 96NM of torque @ 9k rpm whereas a Busa achieves 99NM virtually at tickover (actually 3000rpm).

I think what I am trying to say is that owning a hayabusa has made other motorcycles seem rather tame. When I combine that with the fact that I really must not buy another one ever again, (or anything like it) it seems to have given my enthusiasm for road bikes a bit of a sideways knock.

The only thing that *might* satisfy my thirst is a KTM 990SM but I understand they are rather delicate beasts not to mention overly pricey. :(

£3k now buys you a good Busa - buy one, experience it for a bit and then sell it quickly before you kill yourself or get sent to gaol. :D

I think I'll give it a miss thanks, the old bods not up to it these days!

Phil

i was told that in naming the craziest bike ever built, Suzuki were quite thoughtful, apparently, hayabusa means peregrine falcon in Japanese, the peregrines main diet is blackbirds (Honda's 200mph bike) vis a vis , the busa 'eats' blackbirds!

bandits are probably magpies or maybe starlings?

My initials (JEG 1) are on a MERCEDES SLK 280 CONVERTIBLE...I sold my SLK last year.. but that wasn't the reg...

i was told that in naming the craziest bike ever built, Suzuki were quite thoughtful, apparently, hayabusa means peregrine falcon in Japanese, the peregrines main diet is blackbirds (Honda's 200mph bike) vis a vis , the busa 'eats' blackbirds!

bandits are probably magpies or maybe starlings?

This reminds me of the De Tomaso Mangusta - launched as a rival to the AC Cobra, and so-named because mangusta is Italian for mongoose, which by reputation is the cobra's predator (although according to Wikipedia this reputation may be somewhat apocryphal).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom