Chemical Guys Jetseal 109

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MDC250

Bit of help/advice from anybody who has used this before please...

1. Before I put it on my wheels, safe to put on diamond cut AMG alloys? Ordered CG Wheelguard but was sent Jetseal as substitute;
2. Blurb says can go onto glass. Sensible to put on headlights (xenons)?
3. Likewise would you put on a windscreen or go with something like RainX?

I've also bought some Meguiars NXT Metal Polysh, mainly to try on the chrome exhaust tip.

As it has mild abrasive qualities would you/have you used on other metal trim e.g. roof rails?

Confusingly the blurb for that says safe on metal to include wheels (including highly polished aluminium!) but then says not safe for clear coat. Undoubtedly I'm being an idiot but aren't all wheels clear coated?!

Cheers

Most of the guys on detailing world use finish kare 1000p high temp wax on wheels as its the only thing which seems to last a winter. Only £18 a tub too and lasts years.
I would use the jetseal on the paint rather than wheels. Should be ok over headlights.
I uses gtech g1 over my windscreen this year which is better than rain x supposed to last 30,000 miles. Its a bit strange when the rest of the car is frozen but the glass is still just needing a flick wipe to clear the screen

I guess the clue is in the name re high temp for wheel product!

Pal of mine has said basically anything you would put on the paintwork of the car should be good to go on the wheels where wheels are clear coat. If that's correct then I guess once clean you would seal then wax? May as well use what I've got for now!

Yes seal first then wax over the top not the other way round or the seal won't stick as well or last as long

Thanks for that :)

Can't believe having started to look into cleaning there are as many steps involved in all this if you want to do a proper job!

Think I need to invest in a few more products pre seal and wax stage to include decontamination products possibly Autosmart Tardis and CarPron Iron X.

I feared that once I started to get into this it would get messy!

Not kidding! Now thinking of getting a DA polisher as lots of people saying will take serious time otherwise by hand.

Makes sense as so far post foam, wash, and decontamination would be looking to use a glaze, polish, sealant and then wax so with two coats of wax that's 5 lots of application and removal! Lots of area to cover on an estate.

Wish I could forget what I've read up on and go back to taking the cars to the local hand wash at £5 a pop!

Forgot to mention claying pre polish.

Christ my car doesn't stand a chance lots of stages to remember!

You don't need to add the wax after the jetseal. Just 2 coats of the sealant and your good to go just add the wax if your looking for a particular look

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom