Chemistry Question!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've noticed that on son/daughter's GSCE papers, questions are written for the syllabus and often very subjective or inaccurate. I have seen multiple choice questions where more than one answer it technically correct (if you have a little more understanding than is needed for the syllabus). And often all that is needed to is a simple modification to the question (like including the word "element"). Not like it was in my day...

I agree entirely!

I had a maths homework question once, something along the lines of you are digging a hole, by x width and y depth.....how much soil is in the hole you dug? My answer? none. No soil in a hole! (I also did the maths incase I got into trouble for being "smart") those were the days....:rolleyes: :D

how much soil is in the hole you dug? My answer? none. No soil in a hole! (I also did the maths incase I got into trouble for being "smart") those were the days....:rolleyes: :D

Always one..
It should've said 'How much soil WAS in the hole. But even then that could be answered in a smart ***** fashion due to expansion once dug out...

Mind you don't cut yourself with that spade..

Two :devil:
Always one..
It should've said 'How much soil WAS in the hole.
The answer is still none - when the soil was in there it wasn't a hole.

Although it (whatever it was) had the potential to develop into a hole with careful nuturing and spade work and a healthy dose on non-competitive sports.

Surely most things conduct electricity. It's just a question of how high their resistance is.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! You can stop now! Simple answer all that was needed !Lol :D:D
Was just going to Google it for my sis but said I'll show her the power of the forum, you'll get a reply quicker than google can! Very helpful bunch! She was impressed! :D

Surely most things conduct electricity. It's just a question of how high their resistance is.

They are classed as conductors, semiconductors or insulators depending on set resistive values.

diode1_1.gif

I've noticed that on son/daughter's GSCE papers, questions are written for the syllabus and often very subjective or inaccurate. I have seen multiple choice questions where more than one answer it technically correct (if you have a little more understanding than is needed for the syllabus). And often all that is needed to is a simple modification to the question (like including the word "element"). Not like it was in my day...
Ask anyone who's ever taken a Prometric exam for MCSE etc and they'll tell you that a lot of the multiple choice questions ask you to pick the MOST correct answer or the answer with the least administrative overhead! ALL the solutions would work, but not all are correct :crazy:

Ask anyone who's ever taken a Prometric exam for MCSE etc and they'll tell you that a lot of the multiple choice questions ask you to pick the MOST correct answer or the answer with the least administrative overhead! ALL the solutions would work, but not all are correct :crazy:
Shame people don't chose the correct answer in real life, spent the past 8 months getting a solution working that is in no way the minimal compliant solution where no-one in their right mind would have chosen the basic platform to solve the problem. I can almost see the exam question now - if you wanted to develop a real time processing system which platform would you not consider...

plasmas

e.g. neon in a flourescent tube

and neon is a non metallic element.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom