Cherished Number Transfer Onto New Car ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alymac

Car
W213 E220 AMG Line Saloon Premium+
Good afternoon all, just a quick query to see if anyone can shed some light on the above for me.

I've bought a used E-Class from an approved main dealer and asked him to sort out putting my cherished number on it before i take delivery, my plate was on a retention certificate so i gave him that when we done the deal for the car.

I was wondering if anyone on here has done this and roughly how long the process takes as i'm guessing you can't get the car until the paperwork comes back from dvla ?

Thanks for any help :thumb:

You do not have to wait for the paperwork, you can use the car with it's current registration. DVLA turn around for re reg, is normally 10-14 days...

Thanks

I think the garage that did my Skoda took a couple of weeks, and similar with the Merc if I recall

Little tip as well, if you want to know when it's been done just pay a visit to the DVLA number plate checker webpage and type in the new personal plate and model of car and once it's been transferred it will appear, I found mine was done after about 4 days even though V5 didn't arrive for another week after!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom