Chewing gum+Alcantara seat= :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Carrotchomper

MB Enthusiast
Car
C207 E350 CDI coupe
Anyone have a clue how to remove it? Haven't got a clue how it got there but I have some chewing gum that has been sat on and worked its way into the alcantara fabric of my seats.

Aside from this my car is pristine so I would love to resolve this!

SheepSkinSeatCovers.jpg

:devil:

Seriously, some vegetable oil should do the trick. On a cloth, not too much, gently rubbing should make the gum soft and unstick it.

Freezing it works on fabrics, so maybe if you put an ice-pack (not ice directly) onto it, and freeze it. You should then be able to pick it off in one piece. Make sure it's good & frozen first.

Then give the seat a good clean, with the right stuff.

PJ

Freezing the gum is the usual advice, it should then simply flake off. Not sure how to achieve that on a car seat.....

Perhaps some plumbers freeze? I would take advice on how this may affect the leather though. Malcolm is knowledgeable on leather

John-You are evil, twisted and most probably kinky!! LOL :D

John-You are evil, twisted and most probably kinky!! LOL :D
Knowing Carrotchomper, I doubt it was chewing gum and I bet he knows how it got there. :devil: :devil: :eek: :eek: apart from that I believe him.... Honest guv!

regards
John

Well I don't believe him- I think it was his studded leather jeans!

Try using wd40 in it, i used it on the van and worked a treat with no stains at all
I would probably go for the ice 1st, and if it doesn't work try a test area (under seat) with the wd40 in case it stains

Try freezing it off? But i'm totally unsure how you are going to be able to fit a seat in your freezer.

Ask your local butchers :D

oil of any kind will stain.

Ice and careful removal is all you can do.

Freeze the gum and then break it with a hammer or something into tiny pieces, although supporting the back could be tricky. What I mean is to try and break it away from the fibres rather than tear them away with the frozen gum. Hope i'm making sense for once.

To freeze the gum, you could use one of the freezing kits you can get from Boots (or any pharmacy) for treating skin warts and veruccas.

They consist of a special aerosol and some sponge applicators - like cotton wool buds but with sponge at the end. You spray the aerosol into the sponge until it is saturated, then apply the wet sponge to the wart or verucca.

There are several brands available at varying prices, but they all work the same way. Buy the cheapest and freeze your gum off!

(Don't ask me how I know about these things!)

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom