chicken on the road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

recycled

MB Enthusiast
has anyone experienced this deadly jokes.
teenage girls and boys, run across 1-2 lanes of traffic like they are attemping to cross, when you are on the 3rd lane. as soon as you slam on ,thinking they are about to run across your car, they run back across laughing their heads off., as they have just brake tested you.
considering someone might be a joyider running from the law ,this is dangerous.
Or people could have slow reaction or faulty brakes.
Happening too often for my liking

as soon as you slam on ,thinking they are about to run across your car, they run back across laughing their heads off.,

That's where having the star helps with lining up as they double back...

thanks but no star on this german autobahn stormer.
A few burst of flat six exhaust scares them off

Doesn't seem to be working.

get a proper car, they only get one chance then..

I ignore any form of this, and it does not matter if walking or driving. I would turn around and go the other way if I had to

hard to turn around on a 3 lane carriageway mate.
Anyway informed the authorities. hope something gets done

hard to turn around on a 3 lane carriageway mate.
Anyway informed the authorities. hope something gets done

What, you're looking for them to widen the road as a turning point..

Had this! Not Fun!
2 girls in Manchester, ran across a junction of a 3 lane carriageway (A62 to Oldham), in the rain, with the lights green for traffic! They nearly got it good style because they wern't fast enough, cars were swerving to right and left, leaving them like skittles in a bowling alley. One RIGHT IN MY PATH! Emergency stop and the ABS saved her, too late for my back bumper which helped to stop an old non ABS Renault behind!. Girls ran off with angry motorists pursuing . Bill was £1000 for my car, Renault wasn't insured! What a bloody state of affairs!

Yeah, they stop just before your lane......but if you open your door quickly you can give them a good whack!

The CL has the heaviest door, and the longest reach:)
I remember country people doing this to dogs to stop them chasing cars years ago. I also remember as a child while on holidays near the coast, my father holding the doors open and the car being propelled along by a tail wind. He said it was to save petrol. I hope we dont have to go back to that.

The CL has the heaviest door, and the longest reach:)
I remember country people doing this to dogs to stop them chasing cars years ago. I also remember as a child while on holidays near the coast, my father holding the doors open and the car being propelled along by a tail wind. He said it was to save petrol. I hope we dont have to go back to that.

Dodgy science if you ask me! Shirley the wind resistance against the front of the door would be equal to the tailwind on the back of the door...

Dodgy science if you ask me! Shirley the wind resistance against the front of the door would be equal to the tailwind on the back of the door...

So why does a sailing boat move then:confused:

Bloody 'ell, this is going to turn into one of those long-running debates like the one on Pistonheads about a plane on a conveyer belt... Would it take off?! Please don't answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom