Child bike seat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cinek

MB Enthusiast
Car
MB W204 , BMW F10, GSXR LZ3
There are quite a few avaliable on the market, however, I cant seem to find something that can be safely fitted on the full suspension bike :(

I know there are few cycling enthusiasts on here, and was hoping somebody will have the wisdom which points me in the direction I should be looking at.

This is what I have found and viewed and liked a lot:

Hamax Siesta Child Seat | Evans Cycles

But as mentioned above, it cannot be fitted to bikes with full suspension.
The information on alternatives I have found on the internet, was rather vague and inconclusive.

Basically, I am after something for 2-3 years old to be sitted behind the rider and provides good back support.

Any advice highly appreciated :)

You need a rigid bike or hard tail... A full susser with that extra weight hung back beyond the suspension pivots will be wrong. The suspension will 'bob' at best but more likely you will end up knackering it. If it's a cheap bike it will shonk pretty quickly, if it's a better (£1500+) bike then it will survive longer. The handling will be potentially unsafe either way.

The clamping systems assume a rigid back end. We wouldn't recommend one really. It is likely to be a bodge at best...

What about locking the rear shock?

If a bike can take a user weight of 120kg and the user is only 80kg, then no toddler and seat will be anywhere near 40kg.

Granted the weight is in a slightly different area, but I like doing wheelies anyway!!!

Personally I feel that if it can be mounted securely then why not.
Does it mount to the seat post above the frame or the vertical tube that the seat post slides in to?

An adjustment in riding style is needed that's for sure.
I learnt that from years of carrying pillion passengers on motorcycles. One lad was almost 20 stone and I did struggle to keep the front wheel on the ground but we made it safely.

Thats exactly what I was thinking, regarding locking the rear shock.
Problem is the mouting bracket for the seat, which clamps exactly where the rear shock is, thus making clamping impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom