Child car seats in back of c class

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dsl55, Nov 28, 2012.

1. dsl55

dsl55 Member

Car:
    Audi A4 - not for long!!
    Having had the c class a few days it seems its really skinny in the back and the current child seats I have go over the seatbelt thing. Kids are 5 & 9 and it looks like I need to see if you can get slimmer seats for them

Anyone else experienced this?

2. trapperjohn

trapperjohn MB Club Veteran

Car:
    124 300D 24V Estate
  3. OP
    OP
    dsl55

dsl55 Member

Car:
    Audi A4 - not for long!!
    Cheers, will check them out. The older one is in just a booster whereas I think the other needs the high back booster like the one in your link. The seat pad is narrow so will perhaps get to mothercare and try a few

4. BigSilverEstate

BigSilverEstate Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2011 E350cdi Sport Estate, and the wife's car: 2008 Audi A4 Avant 2.0tdi
    If I were you I would not waste my money on new seats unless your children have grown out of the existing ones. We regularly get our three year old's massive maxi cosi priori fix in my dad's S204 and significantly smaller cars such as my FIL's Skoda Fabia. With two child seats in the back you won't be able to fit a passenger in the middle seat because, but that's also true for our E class.

5. Pittsey

Pittsey Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2009 C-Class Saloon
    I have found the seat to be a bit skinny in my C Class too. It's hard to plug the belt in.

Regarding high back booster seats. My son was out of it at 4 years old (and into a normal booster seat), as he is rather tall. I checked the law, and there doesn't appear to be one. The only law is that the child is in a booster seat if using an adult belt until they are 135cm tall. The best thing to do is to check the alignment of the belt when they are in the seat. The lap belt should go across the pelvis and not the stomach and the shoulder part should go over the shoulder and not the neck. Your 9 year old will be able to ditch the booster seat when tall enough. Height is more important than age. My other son was off the booster at 11, he isn't particularly tall for his age, but he was tall enough to use a normal seat (according to the law).

http://www.childcarseats.org.uk/law

1 person likes this.