Child Care costs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
zooman said:
You can get tax relief for childcare but I am unsure how much as I am not entitled, but I am sure someone here will know more.

It is true although the form I discovered is not strictly tax relief, more a grant towards the costs.

Every child of nursery age which i think at the moment means the term starting when they are 3 1/2 (not sure of the exact age) is entitled to five nursery care sessions per week which the government will pay towards. A session is defined as either a morning or an afternoon. The good thing about this is that if you go to the right nursery they will claim it for you and knock it off your bill. You are eligible for this grant for five terms. It is worth a maximum of £416 per term. The real beauty though is it isnt means tested at all its a statutory right. We were awarded it for the first five terms my son attended private school.

BTW Private school fees at age 3 1/2 are HALF the cost of a nursery at 3 1/2 :eek:

GSMGuy said:
We have one 3 YO in full time nursery, costs £170pw Ouch

:(

Mike

2 1/2 yrs ago my son was in a full time nursery (he loved it!) but it cost £850 per month from my taxed income! Hence he went to private school as soon as he was 3 1/2. Half the cost!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom