Child has been sick in car - 2000 E320 Cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShinyF1

MB Enthusiast
Car
2012 Audi S5 Cab, 2000 E320 CDI Estate [now gone] , 2010 Mini Cooper Convertible
My daughter has just thrown up while sitting in the front passenger seat, and needless to say it has gone EVERYWHERE. Poor thing got carsick....

Door trim/pocket, side of the seat by the door, under runnners, inside the casing where the seat control buttons are etc.

Any advice as to what extent I need to go to to 'clean' it properly? Do I need to strip down parts of trim etc?

Last edited:
I'd take it to a proper valeter. I'm told there specific products to deal with this and to stop the enzyme process that creates the smell

Meguiars do an excellent spray deodouriser product but I suspect it wouldn't cope with this

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Last edited:
Many years ago I had a BMW 5 series that No 2 son decorated the rear of. Leather seats without 'oles so cleaning up easy enough, carpets out and hosed off but a faint pong lingered for ages.

Eventually worked out that when Mrs S. had rapidly extracting still heaving child from rear seat the inertia reel seat belt had retracted whilst covered in puke.:crazy:

Ooooooo that was nasty

Not on seatbelt thankfully - but have given it a good clean and the car still pongs.

baking soda

Baking soda seems to be a cheap and commonly used remedy which would help also help neutralise any gastric acid. Might be worth a try? I would test the surfaces to be cleaned for potential staining (unlikely) first with spot test. there are other biological/enzyme systems on the market but tend to be more costly.

Vomit stain and odour removal

To remove vomit odour from upholstered furniture, first scrape up as much of the vomit as possible with an absorbent cloth. Baking soda works well to eliminate surface (but not deeply penetrated) odours. Dampen the area with clean water and then sprinkle baking soda over it. Rub the baking soda into the soiled area and let dry; brush or vacuum to remove the dry material.

It might also be worth taking out the seat and giving the runners area a good clean and scrub. I find washing up power well dissolved in warm water is good for cleaning the carpets. Mild solution only mind and do not soak the carpet through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom