Child on board ....what's the point ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deane x

Car
C350e S205 2016
Child on board signs , we have all seen them but what's the point of them , does one think by putting one in there car people will drive safer or is it to advertise they have a child ..I just don't get it

The thing that annoys me is they tick their signs up, presumably to 'Guilt' you into driving in a manner which will protect their precious child, then proceed to drive like complete morons.

Nowhere near as annoying as the little groups of stick people, usually showing Dad with a golf club or bicycle and Mum in her gym garb and two or three little darlings, saying "My Family x" spotted on the backs of Ford Galaxy's, etc.

The "Child on Board" signs were originally used to show in the event of a serious accident that there is a baby or small child being carried in the vehicle, this was to prevent the emergency services "missing" the fact, there had been cases of children being thrown from vehicles or even hidden within the twisted and crushed interior of the vehicle.

The original reason has been lost "and diluted" due to ignorance.

They're unpredictable little blighters, I give 'em a wide berth if they are on the side of the road - just in case!

Baby on board = possible erratic speed, manoeuvres or sudden braking. Overtake as soon and as rapidly as possible....

I remember seeing a sign stuck on the back of a car which read:

"Caution: Show Cats In Transit".

I instantly reduced my speed to 12mph and created a 200m gap between myself and said vehicle.

Spotted on the back of Ringway's Rangy. I've no idea what it means..:devil:

The "Child on Board" signs were originally used to show in the event of a serious accident that there is a baby or small child being carried in the vehicle, this was to prevent the emergency services "missing" the fact, there had been cases of children being thrown from vehicles or even hidden within the twisted and crushed interior of the vehicle.

^^ :thumb: ^^

Yup that was the original purpose but I think mandatory child seats/seatbelts/etc. reduced the need somewhat.

Superb write up ...my hat off to you :thumb:

I've long felt that the most would-be poseur sign of this type I've ever seen is "Agility Dogs in Transit". Oh, puh-lease...

I can't say that I'm bothered by what stickers other people put on their cars, however, I have noticed that cars with those little Christian fishies on the back are usually moving slowly.

I have to drive really close to read the signs

I can't say that I'm bothered by what stickers other people put on their cars, however, I have noticed that cars with those little Christian fishies on the back are usually moving slowly.

Obviously haven't followed me then :D I'm assuming you are referring to the legal limits

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom