Child Seat for C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twincharge

Car
C63 Saloon
Chaps,

Can anyone recommend a Child Seat for a C63? My daughter is nearing two now and has outgrown her seat.

Are the official Mercedes items worth the extra? Do I choose ISOFIX? (never used it ever).

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Chaps,

Can anyone recommend a Child Seat for a C63? My daughter is nearing two now and has outgrown her seat.

Are the official Mercedes items worth the extra? Do I choose ISOFIX? (never used it ever).

Any advice greatly appreciated.

I bought this and I believe it is the same as the MB one but for a lot less. It is isofix and well worth having. Only thing it doesn't do is auto disable airbag if used in front seat.

http://www.mothercare.com/Britax-Du...3,default,pd.html#q=Britax Duo Plus Car Seats

As RWD. The Britax Duo is what MB sell as their own but without the transponder and the fancy MB seat cover!

I always go by the which? reviews, I can have a look later if you want.

I nearly bought a recaro seat a few years ago as it looked nice. Luckily I checked which? as it's review for safety was shocking.

+1 for the Britax.

I bought it when I had my Type R as it was the seat Honda sold, just like MB. Perhaps more importantly it was rated highly for safety (top IIRC) in Which. Now happily in use by my 2.5 year old in my C350.

I think it's pretty much at its biggest setting thought and my son is fairly average in size. I guess he's growing less quickly now but you might want to think about a seat that goes to a bigger size? We have a Britax in our RX8 that converts into a booster seat so it should last us years. Sadly not ISOFIX though.

We have the Mercedes Duo and Mercedes Kid. You could make local dealers a cheeky offer for their stock seats - from time to time MBUK insist that they have them on display in the showroom and some in stock, but they sell in very small numbers. They may snatch your hands off...

I have the recaro and my son loves it it even as speakers for his iPad !!!! And blends in the car nicely. :)

I heard that you can also buy the transponders off ebay, if you want to put the car seats on the front passenger seat. You just have to stick them underneath the car seat to disable the airbag. When your child grows up and no longer need them, you can sell it off ebay to recoup your initial outlay (assuming MB still use them).

On ISOFIX, I have previously whinge about it before. Not sure about the saloon, but on my estate the location of the fixing points are hidden buried in the seat (unlike many other cars) and consequently it takes some effort fitting the car seat. I think this defeats the whole point of ISOFIX which are meant to allow ppl to fit car seats correctly and easily. Personally I think non-ISOFIX seats are fine.

I have a Britax Dualfix and especially like the fact it's both rear and forward facing + you can rotate it to ease taking the baby in and out of the car. Downsides are it's quite pricey and it's very bulky - fine on my previous car but quite tight in the C63.

Last edited:
I heard that you can also buy the transponders off ebay, if you want to put the car seats on the front passenger seat. You just have to stick them underneath the car seat to disable the airbag. When your child grows up and no longer need them, you can sell it off ebay to recoup your initial outlay (assuming MB still use them).

On ISOFIX, I have previously whinge about it before. Not sure about the saloon, but on my estate the location of the fixing points are hidden buried in the seat (unlike many other cars) and consequently it takes some effort fitting the car seat. I think this defeats the whole point of ISOFIX which are meant to allow ppl to fit car seats correctly and easily. Personally I think non-ISOFIX seats are fine.

I have a Britax Dualfix and especially like the fact it's both rear and forward facing + you can rotate it to ease taking the baby in and out of the car. Downsides are it's quite pricey and it's very bulky - fine on my previous car but quite tight in the C63.

I finally got a Britax Duo, and I see what you mean about the ISOFIX points being hidden behind the lower padding of leather.

What an odd design, probably an over-sight.

Twincharge said:
I finally got a Britax Duo, and I see what you mean about the ISOFIX points being hidden behind the lower padding of leather. What an odd design, probably an over-sight.

Yep stupid design, I have to use the black plastic guides.

100% isofix. It's great. Install one and just see how much more secure it is.

I have had my kids in Recaro seats as they are built well and are as good as the genuine Recaros.

Recaros come with some plastic spaces to gently space the leather to allow the chair to clip in easily.

Strangely the kids like the M5 the best which doesn't have it :(

At two years she will likely outgrow a rear seat very quickly sadly. All depends on her weight? I had the Recaro Polaric which is rear facing and 2.5 years old was the best we got to. From 9 months tho.

Yeah that was the issue with our little one. Legs bend all the time caused her back to hurt. Which incurred more whining.....!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom