Child seat in 2011 SLK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dsa1980

Car
SLK200
I am 3 months pregnant and people have been (smugly) asking when I am getting rid of my SLK.
I have (had) no intention of getting rid of my car as my husband has a jeep so we have a pratical car, but I would like the facility to be able to drive my car with the baby sometimes.

Any advice on how I find a suitable car seat?
All the info I have found online is very confusing. Does it have to be a mercedes car seat? They're v expensive for a 'second' seat (and I assume they couldn't be shared with the jeep?)

Thanks!

Check the handbook - it should have a section on this.

'Mercedes' seats have a chip that automatically disables the passenger airbag in cars that support this function. There's no reason you couldn't use that seat in another car if it didn't have a passenger airbag or there was some other way of turning it off.

The airbag on my old SL just has a sensor that detects weight on the passenger seat, so I didn't put my son in there till he was old enough to use a forward-facing child seat (with the car seat fully back).

Congrats on your forthcoming baby:thumb:

I think you may have problems as firstly you are going to have to de-activate the passenger seat airbag before fitting a rear facing baby seat.
Which ones would fit I couldn't say, but as a parent and grand parent I would not be happy taking a newborn in the front seat of any car. Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom