Child seat sensor

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Wezzel, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Wezzel

Wezzel Active Member

Car:
    C220 cdi Sport Estate
    Hi Chaps,

I've been on the Russian website to try and obtain the part number for a new child seat sensor (W202 220cdi) as I have an intermittent SRS warning.

I can't seem to find the part in the on-line catalogue. It is not listed with the other airbag components under "electrical system - subgroup 287" or with the seat components.

I would appreciate any advice. I did pop into the stealer earlier and when I got back to work and looked at the quote, they had given me completely the wrong part number (a side airbag sensor) and wanted £188 :eek:

Thanks in advance.

2. BlackC55

BlackC55 Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Horndean, Portsmouth, Hampshire, Southsea
    Car:
    C43 AMG with a 55 engine and supercharger, E55 AMG, S500, etc
    Tell the dealer you want a passenger seat recognition pad and they will look up the correct parts for you.

If you get stuck give me a pm withthe chassis number and I will see what I can do!

3. OP
    OP
    Wezzel

Wezzel Active Member

Car:
    C220 cdi Sport Estate
    Many thanks for that. I went back to the stealer today and ordered the correct part.

90 odd quid plus the dreaded VAT. Could have been worse.

4. OP
    OP
    Wezzel

Wezzel Active Member

Car:
    C220 cdi Sport Estate
    It's sod's law isn't it.

The SRS warning light has been going on and off intermittently for about 4 or 5 months now. It used to behave itself after carring a passenger for a few miles and then a day or so later would come back on.

It got steadily worse until it stayed on constantly for the last 3 weeks or so. I tried unplugging and reconnecting the conector in case it was a duff plug but this made no difference.

On Thursday I went into the stealers and ordered a replacement pressure pad. Thursday afternoon the light went out and has remained out ever since.

Bloody typical - do you think my car is taking the pee? :rolleyes:

5. masqueraid

masqueraid Active Member

Car:
    E220 CDi & A170CDi

Isn't that the job of the child seat ?? :devil:

6. pammy

pammy MB Enthusiast

Car:
    hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
    no - the child:D :D

Tags: