Child Seats in A160

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2manykids

Car
A160, Cayenne
Hi
I've just bought an 04 A160 for the purpose of carting 3 children around, aged 5, 3 and 1. Has anybody been able to fit 3 child seats across the back, and if so which ones did you use?

Thanks v much

Can the 1 year old support his/her head yet ? This determines whether the child can sit in a forward facing seat or still needs to lie flat in a rear facing infant carrier .

I used a Graco rear facing infant carrier which clipped into a base which sat on the seat and could be secured by a lap belt as you would have in the centre position .

All forward-facing seats I have seen require a lap & diagonal belt to secure them so the middle seat would be out for this reason .

After my son outgrew his infant carrier , I bought two Recaro 'Young Sport' seats ( so mum & I could keep one in each car , for maximum flexibility ) and these are very robust , strong and Harris seems to be quite comfortable in it over longish journeys ( Glasgow to Aberdeen & Liverpool being about the longest he has sat in it ) . The seat is very secure when strapped in with the car seat belts as per instructions .

Even in my S Class , I think I'd be doing well to get three child seats in across the back seat ( child seats are bulky ) - so I rather think in something as small as an A Class it will be nigh on impossible .

You'd probably be better looking at an estate car with 7 seats - any E Class for example .

Best bet is to go to Halfords/Mothercare and try them!

Kate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom