Child Seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Storm

I'm trying to see if that car seat I've got (Mamas & Papas Pro Tech) is also compatible with my dad's C180 (2004).

I know it's fine in mine because I don't have airbags in the rear, but my dad's car does - does this mean I need an official MB seat, or do you only have to disable airbags when a rear-facing seat is placed on the front passenger seat?

I've googles my heart out and can't find an answer! Am I tied to MB brand seats, or can I use any?

Thanks!

only need to disable airbags when in the front. i would imagine that the side curtain airbags would cushion just as much

Agree with djp- no need to disable side airbags & these will give extra protection. Any seat can be used- even MB seat will not disable rear bags as there is no transponder receiver in rear seat.
Front airbags in mercs can not be disabled in any straightforward way.
A rear facing child seat can not be used with a rear firing airbag. But a forward facing seat can be used in this situation if the child is older. Simply move the front seat back as far as possible (away from airbag)

MB seats are simply Britax seats which have different fabric covers, with an optional transponder in them. Then the price is approximately doubled from that of cheapest internet deals for the dealership price.
The child is safer in the rear anyway!
Hence I would recommend going for a more uptodate (non MB) Britax seat for half the price & imo nicer fabrics

Last edited:
as above, only applicable in the front.

you are not tied to a MB seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom