Child Trust Fund: Guess The Amount At Five Years Old.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

Just got a letter through from 'the share centre' with our middle child's account balance that was started five year ago.

We haven't put anything into these schemes for our three children because we made our own arrangements to pay for their college/university costs etc.

So, it started at £250 iirc just under five years ago, how much is it worth now?

Edit: just to add, this fund is also valued higher than our soon to be eight year olds...

Last edited by a moderator:
3% if you're lucky, so about £289, which adjusted for inflation is worth about £224.

Don't spend it all at once.

Last edited:
Not as much as £250 worth of gold would have been....

2007 it went below $750 an ounce, now $1650/Oz which would give £550...

Anyone recall when 'Goldfinger' Brown sold our reserves off, and what he got for it...?

Relatively speaking, none of you are close...

Shouldn`t you have had 500 five years ago??

I would have to check our own records... :)

Our little girl turned 5 in Feb so maybe the statement will be out soon. We have so many pots and other accounts set up I will be borrowing from both our kids soon !!

My guess is £300

Shouldn`t you have had 500 five years ago??

This may be correct, depending on your circumstances.

Because you put iirc in #1, could it have been £500 to start with?

Having done a bit of reading i now see that CTFs could have made 50% pa in the years before the crisis of 2008 and about 30% pa after.
I'm far from a financial wizzard but would now estimate it to about £850 - £900 ??

^ True I think our first who is now 5 got £500 but the second now 16 months got £250

In which case SPX thinking £250 could be £650 now? where as actually only £500 to £650...

?

worth checking

^ True I think our first who is now 5 got £500 but the second now 16 months got £250
If you have a baby now you get zero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom