Children onboard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisAlex

Car
Mercedes Benz CL 550
Sometimes we need to leave the car for a while,but children are inside.air conditioner need to be running so we cant ignition off.is that possible??can we leave the vehicle while its still running?

On my W211, you have a 'rest' button that works the climate control for 30 minutes after the key is taken out of the ignition.

Sometimes we need to leave the car for a while,but children are inside.air conditioner need to be running so we cant ignition off.is that possible??can we leave the vehicle while its still running?

nope

As above. It's not possible...and even if it was it would be very very unwise. What age are the children?

On my W211, you have a 'rest' button that works the climate control for 30 minutes after the key is taken out of the ignition.

That will provide heat...not cold air. I'm not sure it's sounds wise anyway.:dk:

The engine needs to be running to turn the A/C compressor.

That will provide heat...not cold air. I'm not sure it's sounds wise anyway.:dk:

Given, it's not 'ice-cold', but it is cool?

Having said that, the fact that the OP is talking about leaving his children in the car with the engine running does sound a tad bizarre....

Children should never be left alone in a car, end of!!

I wouldn't encourage a fix for this. Children should never be left in cars unattended.

My mum and dad used to do this regularly with my brother and I. Kids get bored and get up to mischief. One time I released the handbrake and we rolled down the hill into the back of another parked car. Despite the hiding my dad gave us it could have been so much worse.

The REST function as I'm aware provides heat from the engine up to 30 min after the engine has turned off (or if it detects the battery going low), on the lowest blower setting, according to the temperature you set on the climate control

How old are the children?

Sounds like a thoughtless and illegal act to even think of doing without further details.

can we leave the vehicle while its still running?

You realise this is illegal?

Why would you need to leave the car with children on board and why do you need to run the air con?

What did people do before air con was available?

You need a licence to drive a car...

You don't need a licence to have kids....

'nuff said

I'm guessing the OP is in the USA ("CL 550") so it may not be illegal over there, but it's certainly not a good idea.

Must admit I thought the OP meant leaving the a/c running.

Either way my first post still stands.

Never leave children alone in the car, ever!!

What about exhaust fumes being drawn into the cabin? Deffo not a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom