Children's Television Programmes from the 1940's onwards.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[YOUTUBE]7gtpks_0V3U[/YOUTUBE]

My era of programmes came a lot later I think - late 70s / early 80s.

The voice of Brian Cant and the bloke who narrates Mr Benn is etched in there.

Amazing how vivid the memory of stuff from then is. Fingerbobs, Bagpuss, Trumpton, Button Moon, Mr Benn, Rentaghost, Magic Roundabout, Rainbow, Bod, Chorlton, John Craven's Newsround, Grange Hill (Bronson!), Monkey, Littlest Hobo etc.

We were too poor to own a tv in the 50;s, but my Gran did, so my preschool tv viewing was Mondays -- Picture book-- later Tales of The Riverbank, (Hammy Hamster, Roddy Rat), Tuesdays was , Andy Pandy( Looby Lou and Ted ), Wednesdays, Rag, Tag and Bobtail, Thursdays was Bill and Ben (and Weed ), and Fridays The Woodentops ( and the biggest Spotty Dog) . Nothing was X rated then.
Adding to what VTD has listed I remember Four Feather Falls, Space 1999 with the Martian Gabbler Bird, Cannonball and what about a similar perversion to Muffin The Mule,--- Noggin The Nog !!, and w ho can forget the alternative Captain Pugwash and his shipmates, Leading Seaman Staines, Roger the Cabin Boy and Shag The Cat.( That was all made up !!) - The Clangers can't forget them !!

HR Puff n Stuff, Banana Splits, Thunderbirds, Stingray, Fireball XL5, Astro Boy, Tobor, Prince Planet, Ivor the Engine, Magic Roundabout, Danger Mouse, Secret Squirrel, Felix the Cat, Tom and Jerry, Speed Racer, Francis Drake, Robin Hood, Ivanhoe, Cheyenne, Jim Bowie, Davey Crockett, Marine Boy, Flipper, Skippy, The littlest Hobbo,

Some of these were in Aus' so maybe unfamiliar.

Where's Rhubarb & Custard, The Flumps & The Magic Roundabout?????

:rock:

I hated Crystal Tips & Alistar and who can remember the freeish dwarf on the Singing Ringing Tree?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom