Child's computer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldcro

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range Rover Sport 3.0 HSE
I'm going to give my oldish Sony laptop to my neighbours daughter. She is coming up to 4 years old so I need some suitable things to load on it ready for her.

What sites are the best for games, fun and educational programmes for a pre-school girl?

Recommendations from anyone on their children's favourites very welcome, especially the free to download ones.

Cheers

oldcro

Just give her the blank lappy. 30min later she will have all the downloads she wants sorted!! ;)

Make sure it is really really clean and doesnt have *any* dodgy material from previous surfing hidden anywhere.

Best practice is a fresh build, just to be sure.

You may wish to consider installing Net Nanny or something if the PC is to be used online.

My Children loved this.

I enjoyed watching them using the various games and activities.

Not sure if it will function with modern windows o/s though.

Make sure it is really really clean and doesnt have *any* dodgy material from previous surfing hidden anywhere.

Best practice is a fresh build, just to be sure.

You may wish to consider installing Net Nanny or something if the PC is to be used online.

Yes I've just spent hours installing Windows XP from restore disks as I had a beta version of Windows 7 installed. In spite of there being no dodgy stuff that needed removing.:thumb:

7 hours of downloading and installing updates and still not finished, thanks to a slow broadband speed.

Last edited:
I'm going to give my oldish Sony laptop to my neighbours daughter. She is coming up to 4 years old so I need some suitable things to load on it ready for her.

What sites are the best for games, fun and educational programmes for a pre-school girl?

Recommendations from anyone on their children's favourites very welcome, especially the free to download ones.

Cheers

oldcro

The C Beebies site is brilliant for 0 - 6 year olds. Online games, learning stuff.

Our girl has set it up as her home page.
BBC - CBeebies - Home

Shaun the Sheep. Bar none, the funniest programme on television.

Cheers

oldcro

Isn't 4 a bit young for a laptop?

1. Go onto Google
2. Type "free kids games"
3. Choose from the thousands on offer.......................

This is by far one of the easiest ways to fill the laptop with malware, spyware and other variations of spam.

This is by far one of the easiest ways to fill the laptop with malware, spyware and other variations of spam.

Use the usual, normal precautions against this kind of thing happening and you will be OK.
I am assuming a reasonably PC literate adult will do the downloading of course.

I will mention to her dad that he could disable any internet connection and just load the laptop with suitable material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom