Chime When Unlock Car and Open Door

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickWal

Car
E-Class Convertible 2015
Hi. This is my 3rd Mercedes and I have never heard this sound before. It only started happening after I picked my car up from the local dealer who had run some diagnostics to check my battery (needs a new battery sensor). Now I get a chime sound every time I unlock the car and open either the passenger or driver's door.

Does anybody know why this is happening and how to turn it off? I'm unable to load the file as its M4A format.

Thanks

I'm sure I've seen this in the systems menu somewhere to enable/disable

Look on youtube there is videos on there showing how to stop it, if its a newer car you can do on the settings of the car.

@NickWal Go into vehicle settings in your menu system inside the car and turn off "acoustic lock"

@NickWal Go into vehicle settings in your menu system inside the car and turn off "acoustic lock"
I think acoustic lock makes the car beep when I lock it. I’m fine with that. This is a chime inside the car when I unlock it and open the door

I think acoustic lock makes the car beep when I lock it. I’m fine with that. This is a chime inside the car when I unlock it and open the door
@NickWal oh I see. Sounds like something a dealer would need to change with STAR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom