Chinese death traps Vs MB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

big x

MB Enthusiast
Last edited:
Terrible ....

Even the dummy can't beleive it ..... look at 1.17 .... ;)

Thanks Adam, worth seeing

I would love to see my car with the roof down doing the test

Scary thing is the Landwind is loosely based upon the 1990's Isuzu sold in the UK as: Vauxhall Frontera! Just badly copied so it ended up worse than the original, which is a feat in itself.

There is a bit more to building cars these days than spot welding bits of shaped metal. Sadly Chinese makers were at one time trying to import into Europe under licences designed for commercial vehicles exempt from official Euro crash testing which they knew would show their products as hopeless.

Now the makers reckon the BS6 is .... "a premium limousine for a budget price"

Sadly it appear to be a premium deathtrap.

”The strong deformation of the cabin is caused by a serious flaw in construction,” said ADAC’s Maximilian Maurer. Due to the disastrous deformation of the passenger compartment, the steering wheel shifted to the side and back. It meant the driver’s head wasn’t pushed into the air cushion; instead, it hit the dash.

A side-impact test was failed too, with dummies’ chests exposed to a high risk of injury. In a real scenario, ADAC says that occupants would have a minimal chance of survival.

Quite a few other true horrors to be found here:

http://www.chinacartimes.com/

Last edited:
This is a conspiracy to prevent chinese car makers from selling in europe:p :rolleyes: ;) .

I will rather jog to london than put my family in that

Given the poor quality of most things from China I would avoid buying a car from there. Actually avoid buying anything from there.............

Worth remembering that Mercs and BMWs released in the early 1990's weren't exactly brilliant themselves although still better than the Bull S**t6.

http://www.euroncap.com/tests/mercedes_benz_c_class_1997/18.aspx

The E36 3-series was particularly poor and I wouldn't buy one

http://www.euroncap.com/tests/bmw_3_series_1997/15.aspx

adam

Yeah, but that was 10+ years ago, not 2007.

The W202 only recived 2 stars, but remember how effective Shudes was, and to a messer extent mine!

My Chimaera had zero side impact protection. Seriously, nothing. Just GRP and a bit of carpet was all that protected me from painful things flying into my side. Mind you it was designed in the early nineties.

The thing about these videos is, horrific as they are for a modern car, everyone forgets that its more important for the driver to drive safely, than it is for the vehicle to be safe in a crash.

How many times do you see traffic pull up at the back of a queue on the motorway, leaving only 6 feet in front of them - while a HGV looms large behind them still doing 56mph? Or people who overtake cyclists on a blind bend? All the protection in the world won't save these people. Its attitude thats the most important thing, not airbags and safety cells - they're secondary.

i wonder if one of those jingaling loveyoulongtime panhandle surprise things would be worse or better than an average 4x4 to have an accident with if you were in the other car in the accident. i`m sick of the sight of ***** in range rovers 4.7cm off my back bumper on a hand held phone when i`m doing 75 ish overtaking lorries on the motorway but if it was one of those you might be tempted to do a brake test.
(i say that tounge in cheeck, just in case you cant tell...)

Are these tests of the final 'On Sale' vehicles? The reason I ask is even cars like MB E class can have pretty low scores in initial crash testing.
MB reworked the front safety cell structure of the W210 after official crash tests to reduce the intrusion, which was not too dissimilar to the BS on first testing.

Afterwards it was made much safer.

Here's a car that scored nil points in the German ADAC crash test :crazy: Jiangling Landwind which should be called the Jiangling Landfill rubbish.

Car is OK - driver survived and is trying to reach for passenger's leg before testers arrive! What's the problem then???

c.c.c. aka: cheap chinese crap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom