Chip/remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johns E350

Car
E class 350 coupe
I am thinking of trying one of these but at only £89.00 think it may be a waste of time. Any one else fitted one and do they make a difference Thanks John P image-750151134.jpg

I personally think it would be a waste of £89.00.

Just a generic box which will mess with your settings, probably by over-fuelling, whereas the correct way would be to go to a reputable tuner who would fit something suitable for your particular car. :)

daveenty said:
I personally think it would be a waste of £89.00. Just a generic box which will mess with your settings, probably by over-fuelling, whereas the correct way would be to go to a reputable tuner who would fit something suitable for your particular car. :)

I tend to agree with you. Can't do anything yet as warranty is valid up to next June. So would you say a visit to Acid or similar would be a better way to go

Certainly worth a word with MSL, there's a Dyno day next Sunday in fact.

He may know if there's a removable tuning box available for it, as on mine, or if you'd be better going through the ECU, but I'd certainly be speaking with either Acid or any of the other decent sponsors on here...

johns E350 said:
I am thinking of trying one of these but at only £89.00 think it may be a waste of time. Any one else fitted one and do they make a difference Thanks John P
hi Jonh I know a company who do proper ones and you don't need to worry about warranty is plug and play whenever you need to go to mb just remove it ,is undetected by the star .:thumb:

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

C36fan said:
hi Jonh I know a company who do proper ones and you don't need to worry about warranty is plug and play whenever you need to go to mb just remove it ,is undetected by the star .:thumb: Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Hello Bruno will have a word with you tomorrow got to take my dogs out now lol

I had a blue spark automotive box on my IL6 W211 E320 CDI worked a treat and adjustable to your preference. More money though.

However I was getting 50mpg plus if careful and it went like stink...

Keep an eye out for DTE Systems/DTUK's CRD-t tuning boxes on eBay. You can often pick them up used for £60-80 instead of ~£380 new. I bought one in the summer that was 8 months old. You can adjust the boost and fuel settings to find a map that suits you and as said above it can be fitted and removed with ease in 15mins.

cheers, Steve

Give me the £89 quid, and I'll give you any empty plastic black box.

Guaranteed not to put the car in Limp mode!

Seriously, a re-map is the way to go. Loads of folk do them. But best to stick with: Eurocharged; MSL; or Celtic Tuning (good personal experience) - they come to you.

Cheers,
Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom