Chip Tuners Ipswich??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mercedes C350 CDI remapping

The write-ups read well but anyone hear had work done?

My 350CDI is 2010 with 72k miles which I presume is not too high to add the benefots too?

Any idea on costs?

thanx

Senninha your car is definitely not too old for tuning. Mine is 2000 E320CDI (OM613 engine - the last proper diesel from Merc, inline-6) and I am currently researching possibilities... I'd like to get engine remap with tuning for Shell Nitro+ diesel specifically, with gearbox reprogramming too, and maybe, if sensible, top it up with much lower-ratio final drive diff (limited slip maybe?), as the 5G/tronic has quite short 5th for above 65mph motorway cruising... I've tested the handling up to 150mph on German motorway and there is hardly anything on my car to be improved in spite of handling...

cepal67,

Thank for the reply. I had a really good chat with Will from GAD. Their process sounds really detailed and for my car would include the gearbox remap as well as engine management.
They also have several locations where they can do the work with one within 5 miles of home so even better news. Transformation takes around 1/2 day and is not warranty affecting if you have one as the remapped components effectively read as if thats how they left the factory.
Once I finish the other refresh work I'll be looking to do this end of next month.

regards, Paul

I have heard good things about GAD but never used them before but having just bought my first Merc, a 350 CDI E class I am interested in getting the remap - is it costly?

Regards

Matt

The price for my 350CDI is £650 inclusive, so less than half a Brabus chip upgrade ...

Well, i got her mapped in the end, see my project thread for the low down.

Roll on next Friday ... I'll be remapped and up from 231 to 300 bhp and torque lifts from 540 to 720Nm :thumb:

And the even better news is its winter sale time saving 20%!! So that little saving will go towards a few bits of detail wrapping ... really looking forward to the results ...

The price for my 350CDI is £650 inclusive, so less than half a Brabus chip upgrade ...

Thats not a bad price at all, I paid upwards of that for a 30bhp upgrade on my last BMW 530, thanks for the information

Regards

Matt

Look forward to seeing your before and after rolling road results.

Careful on the warranty promise. A simple check of boost or fuel of specified vs actual will tell all.

So 4 days into GAD Power and I am really impressed.

Firstly, the way GAD engineer the remap you can drive away and around town your car is everybit as smooth as when you arrived a couple of hours earlier. It really does maintain the OEM passenger friendly smooth changing town driving... Excellent...

Torque uplift (180nm) has really added so much grunt ... overtakes a breeze, b-road overtakes far far easier, and uphill performance is so linear with the 350 continuing to lull suspect .. biggest scalp to date easy

Did first long run today, ~280 miles. MPG on a par with pre-remap at just over 40mpg (av 36mpg) ... which is good

Go to eurocharged or MSL these guys are the AMG tuning experts.

GAD ive heard ok things about but no real experience of them.

Theres so many mickey mouse tuners who think plugging a laptop in is tuning!

And as many pub experts too ... it will be the death of forums ...

Anyway, back to my update, looks like I lost the end of a sentence which should have read ...

... the 350 continuing to pull into the high mph numbers ... biggest scalp to date easily the S4 who seemed somewhat surprised when side by side accelerating from 50mph (exiting m-way roadworks) I didnt end up in his mirrors as I think he suspected ... he was in mine :D

Make your choices, enjoy your cars

This forum seems to have done ok over the last ten years or so ?

Alps knows his stuff with regards to tuning , I wouldn't class him as an 'armchair expert' at all.

Pleased you are happy with your car. :)

Amazing how new members seem to know all, I'm glad a phone call chat is all that's needed to part with £650.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom