Chipex Paint Touch Up Kits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l5foye

Car
ML 300CDI
Has anyone used the Chipex paint touch up kits? At £49.95 (no doubt plus postage) it seems a tad expensive. The video they show does not entirely convince me.

Has anyone used the Chipex paint touch up kits? At £49.95 (no doubt plus postage) it seems a tad expensive. The video they show does not entirely convince me.

Try Humbrol model paints. They're a much cheaper option and certainly no better :doh:

A DIY option will always be a DIY option. You'll still have chips, but they (might) be the right colour.

No offence intended, but if you want cheap, it will look cheap. If you want paintwork done properly, do it properly with someone who know's what they're doing :rolleyes:

I have used the Chipex touch up on my CLS which had numerous nibbles from some high speed jaunts when I bought it, for normal small stone chips it worked great, some had to be done three or four times to build the paint level up but the match and finish was virtually impossible to see without knowing where the chips were.

Seems I must have known what I was doing :rolleyes:

;)

I was only chatting to a detailer I know regarding chip-ex kits, and he was really impressed with them, which prompted me to order a kit, though they are a bit cheaper than what you have quoted. I bought their largest kit which is called their road rash kit, £37.95 with free postage.
Car Touch Up Paint - 100% colour match guaranteed!
When I do mine I will take some pics before and after of the process if anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom