Chipped Wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul73mt

Car
2010 C350 CDI Sport sold , 2015 E250 CDI AMG Line Sold
Sorry if this is the wrong place. Had a wheel refurb in August and as my winter wheels are on I thought I would clean them up and put them away for next year. All good and no damages on them apart from his 'chip' that has gone through the lacquer :( spoke the people who done them and they don't do smart repairs so would be a full refurb which does seem a waste of money or a chip that's no more than 3-4 mm long does anyone have any ideas what could be done/used to cover the chip ???? I was thinking clear nail varnish but has anybody tried it or an recommend anything better????

Thanks

Paul

Attachments

• wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 45
I would do exactly as your thinking or one of those touch in lacquer you can buy just to stop the moisture getting behind the chip.

Make sure it's totally dry (bring it into the house for a few days and leave it somewhere warm), then use a touch-up lacquer pencil to fill the chip and overlap onto the original lacquer to ensure it's properly sealed. As has been already said, you'll know it's there, but no-one else will notice it.

thanks guys thats what i will do :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom