Chippy prices?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skateboard
What sort of money would I be looking at to get a chippy to install new door handles, mechanisms and hinges?

Talking 10 typical internal house doors with minimal firmer-chiselling to get them to fit.

South East rates more relevant here!

TIA

And I thought this was going to be a thread about the rising cost of dining out of one's local chip shop :doh:

£50 per door for fitting a new door so much the same I expect.

Maybe I'm far too cheap but I'd charge half that. Standard 25mm latch hole already drilled, no planing required (hopefully), standard 3" butt hinges already there John?

Blimey, you could almost DIY mate. :thumb:

However, for £500 I'll see you on Saturday. :D

My joiner charges £25 to hang a door which includes handles/hinges etc obviously so to just change the furniture you'd have to be £15 at a guess.

Make sure the new furniture matches the old sizes as well, nothing worse than a door that's been hacked to pieces.

I am doing it myself!

Just wondering how much I've saved. :D

I'm a dab hand with a firmer chisel and rubber mallet. But enough about my sex life.

I think the hole is 25mm diameter and the hinges are 102mm x 67mm x 3.5mm (so not quite 3" ones).

I've fitted 7 sets so far.

I am doing it myself!

Just wondering how much I've saved. :D

I'm a dab hand with a firmer chisel and rubber mallet. But enough about my sex life.

I think the hole is 25mm diameter and the hinges are 102mm x 67mm x 3.5mm (so not quite 3" ones).

I've fitted 7 sets so far.

Haha. :bannana:

Great reason to post a thread John. :D

£150 for 6 doors, two of which are solid oak. Locks, handles and hinges supplied by me. All doors required planning.

whitenemesis said:
£150 for 6 doors, two of which are solid oak. Locks, handles and hinges supplied by me. All doors required planning.
If that's a days work then by the time he takes off tax/NI, fuel it's not very much. You wouldn't get that down south.

Sorry, so did I.

I'm located just north of Swindon

If that's a days work then by the time he takes off tax/NI, fuel it's not very much. You wouldn't get that down south.

If it takes a joiner a full day to fit six doors then he needs to find a better way; my joiner fully fits one in roughly half an hour.

SPX said:
If it takes a joiner a full day to fit six doors then he needs to find a better way; my joiner fully fits one in roughly half an hour.
From a blank door?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom